Help with Irelia mastery and general strats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a cat is fine to

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

I been trying to learn Irelia recently but I find her much harder to use than Xin. She doesn't have the I charge and face roll on keyboard till you are dead combo, plus I find her Ult to be really awkward in team fights. Anyone have some general tips that can help? Do you spam Ult as quickly as possible for damage during team fights? Or one every now and then? Or save it for minions to heal? Does her Ult trigger Shen proc? I.e if I shoot the blade once does my next auto attack proc Shen? Also, what mastery do you run (non-jungle). I use 0/9/21 because its "good for everything", but some more specialized mastery could help. Thanks in advance.

a cat is fine to

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2011

bump

Merakon

Master Recruiter

03-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a cat is fine to View Post
I been trying to learn Irelia recently but I find her much harder to use than Xin. She doesn't have the I charge and face roll on keyboard till you are dead combo, plus I find her Ult to be really awkward in team fights. Anyone have some general tips that can help? Do you spam Ult as quickly as possible for damage during team fights?
If the enemy is clumped together and I can hit 4 or 5 of them then yes, otherwise I'll save it and use it to burst down the carry im focusing if I need that extra damage. You shouldn't be saving it to heal from minions in team fights.

Quote:
Or one every now and then? Or save it for minions to heal? Does her Ult trigger Shen proc? I.e if I shoot the blade once does my next auto attack proc Shen?
Yes, each blade procs sheen

Quote:
Also, what mastery do you run (non-jungle). I use 0/9/21 because its "good for everything", but some more specialized mastery could help. Thanks in advance.
Pretty much all mastery setups are good for Irelia. Mastery builds among the top players varies quite a bit. Wickd/sologamer 0/21/9, Voyboy 12/7/11, Regi 2/7/21
Becrutched 21/0/9 or 0/9/21, Chaox 0/9/21, Atlanta 19/0/11,9/21/0,0/21/9.
Everyone will have differing opinions on masteries so it all comes down to personal preference imo.