Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Exhaust is to physical as [Blank] is to magical

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erestem

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Exhaust slows both casters and melee.

A blind Auto Attacking champion cannot do anything except attempt to escape or wait for the blind to wear off (assuming no cleanse). Their primary source of damage is cut off.

A blind caster can attempt to escape or burst nuke the enemy champion. Unlike the AA champion, a mage's damage is unaffected.

An AA champion can increase his attack speed with runes and items.
A mage can reduce their cooldowns with runes and items.

Bottomline, AA champions are completely shut down via blind. Mages are not. This suggestion proposes a mage style alternative to exhaust.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobydile

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Quote:
Shaella:
oh no! DPS doesn't dominate ALL parts of the game yet
NERF CASTERS

Rofl, someone is a sorta being rude you think?
I think it is funny... I love when people use casters, cause all you do see is DPS anymore. You play a caster and do good, you have my respect. You feed, I am a little disappointed.

Someone should honestly go look at how many DPS Champs abilities do magic damage. My buddy, went DPS Annie... and we won, he carried... funny.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobydile

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Quote:
Erestem:
Exhaust slows both casters and melee.

A blind Auto Attacking champion cannot do anything except attempt to escape or wait for the blind to wear off (assuming no cleanse). Their primary source of damage is cut off.

A blind caster can attempt to escape or burst nuke the enemy champion. Unlike the AA champion, a mage's damage is unaffected.

An AA champion can increase his attack speed with runes and items.
A mage can reduce their cooldowns with runes and items.

Bottomline, AA champions are completely shut down via blind. Mages are not. This suggestion proposes a mage style alternative to exhaust.


Just give up... We are gonna get ragged on by caster players because we can run cleanse... whatever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laeterna

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Quote:
Mynt:
Here's why cleanse used to be the anti-caster summoner spell.

Say Malzahar uses his ult. on you. Now say you hit cleanse.


Now say that they add Suppression.

Just food for thought.

I love being able to run 2 summoners and not Cleanse + X, where X was Ghost or Flash.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Quote:
Akyrun:
Rofl, someone is a sorta being rude you think?
I think it is funny... I love when people use casters, cause all you do see is DPS anymore. You play a caster and do good, you have my respect. You feed, I am a little disappointed.

Someone should honestly go look at how many DPS Champs abilities do magic damage. My buddy, went DPS Annie... and we won, he carried... funny.

I don't just play any caster and do good
I play Lux and do good
/sunglasses


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demosthenes

Senior Member

11-19-2010

lol... How about flash? Most AP toons rely on big damage from one or two skills, flash often allows you to avoid one or both of them and outrange most of their skills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Threads

Adjudicator

11-19-2010

quit hating on casters, they are already weak enough


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobydile

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Quote:
Shaella:
I don't just play any caster and do good
I play Lux and do good
/sunglasses

Me like Lux.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobydile

Senior Member

11-19-2010

I don't see no hate except from the people that are casters. Just saying that you guys have exhaust. we are blinded, if we run cleanse thats cool you got ghost or flash to get away. but if dps exhausts a caster damage will still be done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laeterna

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Quote:
Threads:
quit hating on casters, they are already weak enough


qft Morgana is pretty bad

Seriously though, the majority of casters are pretty sub-par in this metagame, despite the fact they almost all have an AoE ultimate.

Makes me wonder if the majority of caster heroes are just...bad.