Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Exhaust is to physical as [Blank] is to magical

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynt

11-19-2010

It used to be cleanse, but they nerfed it.

Hard.

Erestem

11-19-2010

cleanse would also work against the ability ideas I'm suggesting here. I fail to see the point of the argument I guess.

Edit: Unless you're suggesting that cleanse is the counter to casters to which I disagree because there's plenty of AD champions it is equally effective against.

edgtrv

11-19-2010

Cooldowns.

Exhaust slows both casters and melee, so that's even.

Where a caster can Exhaust and make a melee champ pretty worthless, cooldowns make a caster pretty worthless(when abilites are on cooldown). That's the idea I see in play. Practical application, that's a different story.

Tobydile

11-19-2010

Cleanse is usable at lvl 1... but cleanse ain't gonna stop damage from a caster.

Mage ss, exhaust, cleanse
dps ss, cleanse, [blank]

plus... you hardly see cleanse anymore. At least I don't >.>

Shaella

11-19-2010

Quote:
Erestem:
cleanse would also work against the ability ideas I'm suggesting here. I fail to see the point of the argument I guess.

Edit: Unless you're suggesting that cleanse is the counter to casters to which I disagree because there's plenty of AD champions it is equally effective against.

cleanse is now a mandatory summoner ability, like flash

Laeterna

11-19-2010

To elaborate on the idea of an anti-caster summoner, I don't think there needs to be one.

In League of Legends, unlike other games of the genre (despite the fact it's the only game with summoners), all physical heroes have 4 active spells, many of which actually define the hero as opposed to right clicking. An anti-spell summoner would almost always hurt the physical hero more, such as items like Wit's End, a supposedly anti-caster item, which despite how bad it is, wrecks physicals with low mana pools moreso than the casters with giant ones.

Just because there's a niche for something doesn't mean something has to fill that niche.

Shaella

11-19-2010

Quote:
Akyrun:
Cleanse is usable at lvl 1... but cleanse ain't gonna stop damage from a caster.

Mage ss, exhaust, cleanse
dps ss, cleanse, [blank]

plus... you hardly see cleanse anymore. At least I don't >.>

oh no! DPS doesn't dominate ALL parts of the game yet
NERF CASTERS

JohnnyGo

11-19-2010

Because casters don't have enough problems already.

Blackxguard

11-19-2010

Hexdrinker.

Oh wait....

Mynt

11-19-2010

Here's why cleanse used to be the anti-caster summoner spell.

Say Malzahar uses his ult. on you. Now say you hit cleanse.