Exhaust is to physical as [Blank] is to magical

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

I was trying to think of a summoner spell that would be of relative power to Exhaust only to be useful vs casters. Everytime I come up with an idea, I can think of several reasons why it's not a very good one. It seems like they're usually too powerful, or too easy to abuse etc.

My first thought was initially to make an exhaust ability that instead of blind/slow it did silence/slow. However, this would be way too insanely powerful. Every champion would now have an interrupt and any type of channeled ult would instantly be ruined. Also, a player could double up exhaust and [new ability] for more slow than should be allowed via summoner skills.

My second thought was instead of a slow/blind on the target, how about a move speed/magic resistance (immunity?) on the caster. This seemed like a good idea at first, cause instead of slowing the target to chase them down or escape from them, you speed yourself up to chase them down or escape, and instead of making it to where they can miss, you make it to where they just don't do damage to you. However, This seems too powerful on a personal level. Even if it's just vs you, gaining immunity (or just very high MR) vs all enemy champions seems too much. Casters generally have longer cd's they rely on to do their damage. A good player can use this ability right as a team fight starts knowing they'll be focused fire and nullify an entire team's barrage of abilities for it's (albeit short) duration putting them on cd. It just seems too powerful.

Other thoughts include linking your champion with your targets and, while linked, would nullify abilities used by that champion against you. I personally don't like this because blind nullifies attacks vs anyone where this only nullifies abilities vs you...at which point the enemy champion can just ignore you for 3 seconds and use his abilities elsewhere...

Another thought was just placing a debuff on the target that reduces ability damage by 100% while giving the caster a speed boost. The target could still use support abilities such as stuns but couldn't deal damage with their abilities for the duration. I somewhat like this option. Unlike exhaust, when chasing or escaping, you're the only person that benefits from the speed boost (where exhaust allows your entire team to chase) but on the flip side, exhaust can only slow down 1 enemy champion when being chased by their entire team where this ability would potentially allow you to escape from an entire team.

I personally think there should be some kind of hard magical (ability) counter summoner spell just like there's a hard counter to auto attacking champions via exhaust. Curious what others think.

Laeterna

11-19-2010

BVeil exists.

Or my favourite idea; Exhaust counters carries, especially those of the melee variety too hard. ???. Run Cleanse.

/thread.

Alternately, consider that there doesn't have to be a parallel for everything that physical/casters have. Otherwise I'd be wanting to rush an Infinity Wand with the 250% Spell Crit bonus right about now.

frankfurters

11-19-2010

cleanse, silence?

Cynical Moose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

Casters are in a bad place already, outshined by dps this type of thing is not needed

Shaella

11-19-2010

Mages suck enough, stop trying to screw them over even more

Dracozero

11-19-2010

Banshee Veil, Hexdrinker?

Your post should be exhaust is to physical as [blank] is to ranged.

Tobydile

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeterna View Post
BVeil exists.

Or my favourite idea; Exhaust counters carries, especially those of the melee variety too hard. ???. Run Cleanse.

/thread.
Exhaust usable at lvl 1.

Dracozero

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyrun View Post
Exhaust usable at lvl 1.
Cleanse is also usable at level one?

Shaella

11-19-2010

your brain is useable at level 0
mages suck enough, stop trying to make them suck more

Tobydile

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Mages suck enough, stop trying to screw them over even more
I agree but they still play a key role in a team. Having a surprise nuke is amazing

12345 ... 10