Pure AP Zilean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H1VEMIND

11-18-2010

Get Mpen runes, hit for 1/4 of your enemies hp, build 4 archangels.

gg

Dracozero

11-18-2010

> Realize that Annie/Veigar/Malzahar/Kassadin/Swain/Anivia would be doing more dmg than you with that build.

On the other hand, you can get 40% CDR to keep both enemies perma-slowed by 55% and resurrect your carry every 30 seconds.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2010

Nope, late game this holds no water.

You need a Frozen Heart.

EuryBartleby

11-18-2010

You will die before you do any damage. GG.

IreIia

11-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuryBartleby View Post
You will die before you do any damage. GG.
Put the bombs on the tanks

RayMkII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2010

I do quite well with my AP Zilean. I simply take blue and use my masteries, 20 stack Mejai's or a blue pot to reach my 40% CDR. And still retain 500+ AP. With my full item build I max out my AP ~950. I can still keep people perma slowed, can still rez my carry (with full life due to my AP, mind you) every 30 seconds and my bombs hit for well over 1000 a pop, which can be spammed every 3 seconds.

I have an 80% win rate in 1600+ ranked with it. /shrug

pyrokinetiq

11-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMkII View Post
I do quite well with my AP Zilean. I simply take blue and use my masteries, 20 stack Mejai's or a blue pot to reach my 40% CDR. And still retain 500+ AP. With my full item build I max out my AP ~950. I can still keep people perma slowed, can still rez my carry (with full life due to my AP, mind you) every 30 seconds and my bombs hit for well over 1000 a pop, which can be spammed every 3 seconds.

I have an 80% win rate in 1600+ ranked with it. /shrug
Build 3x Rod of Ages, Archangel's, Z-ring and your choice of boots, you'll end up with ~ 3.5k hp, ~4k mana and ~ 900AP.

Best caster build in the game (it is expensive though)

RayMkII

11-18-2010

I normally use Zhonya's Ring, Sorc Shoes, Mejai's, RoA, Archangels and my last item could be Deathfire or a Void Staff or another Archangels, or Abyssal... just whatever I'm in the mood for.

SlyGoat

11-18-2010

zilean scales much better with CDR. in fact, almost every mage in the game scales better with CDR than AP. people just build AP primarily because it gives them a green number saying how much more damage they're doing now.

for example, annie with 200 AP = 35% more burst. annie with 40% CDR = 40% more sustained damage and 40% more stuns.

zilean is even more absurd due to rewind.

wheresmyfreename

11-18-2010

Every mage should consider building Mpen and CDR instead of AP....

BUT THEN NOBODYZ WILL SEE MY 1337 D33PZ