Urgot is a great 5v5 champ!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViveLeQuebec

11-18-2010

Here's the way I play him and it works very well every game.

First I fill my rune page with:

10 greater marks of insight(0.95 magic penetration)
10 greater seals of replenish(0.41 mana regen)
10 greater glyph of clarity(0.08 mana regen per level)
3 greater quintessence of force(0.43 AP per level)

My Masteries are:

3 points in Archmage's Savvy(offense)
2 points in Resistence(Defense)
19 points in Utilities

Summoners abilities are Ghost and Flash for fleeing or chasing and make a good swap

That way I am rarely out of mana and what you want with urgot is to spam is spells as much as possible.

I play him AP and AD. I think you need to get some AP so your sheild gets becomes an important assets to your game and your Noxian Corrosive Charge deals great damage over time.

Creators has put him in the assassin categorie, but I see him more as a support. Because with his almost perma slow and his swaping ultimate, you'll greatly help your allies to kill fleeing champs.

I think Urgot is better if soloed, but can overtake any lane.

Now if I solo I pick Noxian Corrosive Charge first and then as soon as I'm level and I get Acid Hunter, I start harrassing. Acid Hunter deals incredible damage and makes any solo hero back off.

Solo lane
Lvl 1: Noxian Corrosive Charge
Lvl 2: Acid Hunter
Lvl 3: Acid Hunter
Lvl 4: Noxian Corrosive Charge
Lvl 5: Acid Hunter
Lvl 6: Terror Capacitor ( I get his sheild before is ult because you might get gank at this point and you need the slow)
Lvl 7: Terror Capacitor
Lvl 8: Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser
Lvl 9: Noxian Corrosive Charge
Lvl 10: Terror Capacitor
Lvl 11: Acid Hunter
Lvl 12: Noxian Corrosive Charge
Lvl 13: Terror Capacitor
Lvl 14: Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser
Same pattern...

The only difference in lane is at level 6 I have 3 in Acid Hunter, 1 in Terror Capacitor, 1 in Noxian Corrosive Charge and 1 in Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser. After that I use the same pattern.

I buy doran's ring first and a health potion. Then I get Mercury's treads and after that I start building Trinity Force by buying in order Sheen, Phage and Zeal.

With Sheen bought, I can easely farm Lizard and Golem wich are really usefull at this point. I can take down towers really rapidly by spaming my Acid Hunter wich has the same CD as Sheen ability. So I deal huge damage on turrets.

My next item would be Rylai's Crystal Scepter wich is incredebly good on Urgot. Now no target can flee from when you stack slows from your shield, Scepter and phage.

I rarely get to buy a next item, but I think Guinsoo can do a good job giving you AD and AP.

That's about it. It works well for me so I hope you try it and see it for yourself.

Voidgolem

11-18-2010

He's a passable 5v5 champ, though not much good in a full-blown teamfight.

Could be better, could be worse, but really excels in shooting the hell out of squishy people.

laundrymonster

11-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrog View Post
At this juncture, I'd rather have an Urgot on my team than Teemo. Urgot is actually a pretty strong mid champ, especially against squishy ranged carries. He shuts them down well enough to leave them underfarmed/leveled.

I guess I went off topic. I just really hate teemo and don't understand why people enjoy playing him.
You're why we play teemo, the least effective ranged phys. carry next to urgot.

runek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2010

AP Urgot is not the play. I don't like your build at all.

Go AD/Squishy-killer Urgot
E>W>Q, R at 6,15,16

Zenbear

11-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
probably because he's fun?
Fun what is fun? Alot of LoL players seem to think that this game isn't about fun.

Amadi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2010

I just searched OP. Player not found on any of the ladders.

He's obviously racking in victories in imaginary ranked games.

EDIT: Obvious troll, 10 runes of each kind instead of 9.

ViveLeQuebec

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadi View Post
I just searched OP. Player not found on any of the ladders.

He's obviously racking in victories in imaginary ranked games.

EDIT: Obvious troll, 10 runes of each kind instead of 9.
Again, someone trash without trying the Champ. What Champion do you use? Amumu, Garen, Sona?

I don't need your sarcasm.

Dzung

Recruiter

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewkie View Post
seriously.. why play urgot when there are so many better options...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-morL278Ong

Ham summons ham

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViveLeQuebec View Post
Again, someone trash without trying the Champ. What Champion do you use? Amumu, Garen, Sona?

I don't need your sarcasm.
seriously 10 runes of each kind obviously show you dont even know about runes lol. clearly you are lying and you suck because urgot is seriously very useless, i consider him a jack of all trades, and a loser at all. shield doesn't absorb enough damage, nuke is a weak skillshot, aoe doesn't do ****, ulti is ******ed because shield sucks and playing urgot as a tank is quite stupid.

kdizz

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham summons ham View Post
seriously 10 runes of each kind obviously show you dont even know about runes lol. clearly you are lying and you suck because urgot is seriously very useless, i consider him a jack of all trades, and a loser at all. shield doesn't absorb enough damage, nuke is a weak skillshot, aoe doesn't do ****, ulti is ******ed because shield sucks and playing urgot as a tank is quite stupid.
lawl. seems like you can't play urgot very well. please continue the QQ.