Who'd win this 5v5, Demacia or Noxus?

Demacia 324 59.89%
Noxus 217 40.11%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Demacia vs Noxus 5v5 True City-State Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

05-25-2012

Updated the list to include Fiora and Darius.

And congratulations to Swain to becoming the Grand General of Noxus. =)

Forever Strong!

TheBigBuddha

05-25-2012

Yeah, from what it looks like, Demacia has a huge upper hand.

Shadow Master

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDatNoob View Post
Yeah, from what it looks like, Demacia has a huge upper hand.
Except Darius would masacre all the Demacian champions on his own, so, clearly, Noxus would win.

rajo101

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligan View Post
Except Darius would masacre all the Demacian champions on his own, so, clearly, Noxus would win.
I haven't seen anyone who is good with him yet, though. Maybe it's just me, but based on what I have seen, Xin and Garen make a fearsome pair, not to mention adding Sona to the mix. Plus, I have seen some scary good Fioras dominate top lane.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

05-25-2012

Again, this match between the two city-states is mainly based on the champions' power in their lore.

Regarding Darius, I'd say his position and power is similar to Xin Zhao's. Darius is a Hand (an enforcer) for Swain, while Xin Zhao is a Seneschal (a steward) for Jarvan III and Jarvan IV.

EpicLotus

05-27-2012

I don´t see Demacia winning a match were Swain leads the enemy team (Lorewise)....
Hell, idk if anyone can match Swain´s tactics and intelligence.

And Darius under Swain´s orders??? GG

Some1udontno

05-27-2012

Havent had time to read through everything, but shouldnt Garen and Darius be more opposing by nature with their ability sets kinda opposing each other by nature, Both of them have a "Next Basic Attack" ability, a "Spinning" ability, and a "Jump on a champion screaming" ability

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

Based on Lore?
Singed. Singed. And Singed.
He would simply poison everyone and leave. The Noxians wouldn't survive either, but that wouldn't bother someone like Singed in the slightest

Lajinn5

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveryBeyond View Post
First and foremost, if lore must factor into my decision, then no Zaunites can enter the battlefield. They're Zaunites, not Noxians. Why Noxus would be permitted to use Zaunites in a pure Demacia vs. Noxus battle would be beyond me. Furthermore, it would stain the reputation of Noxus to need such a crutch in their fight and so I believe Noxus wouldn't even consider using their Zaunite allies to help even the odds. This also bleeds into LeBlanc, who's interests seem to not be in helping Noxus, but rather controlling it.

That being said, Noxus stands a much better chance if they took their best and brightest. The line-up, to me, would look more like this:

Noxus
Katarina
Swain
Sion
Urgot
Vladimir

The same logic can be applied to Demacia, but I believe the standard five stand a much better chance at winning than replacing them with either Sona or Poppy. So as it stands, Demacia looks like this:

Demacia
Jarvan IV
Garen
Xin Zhao
Luxanna
Galio

So who would win? Logically speaking, you can cancel out Garen and Katarina, as they would forever battle eachother for the duration of the match. Jarvan IV and Swain have been proven to be equal opponents if the Journal of Justice has any sway in the matter. One could argue that Swain had gotten the drop on Jarvan IV by assaulting him during his judgement, however, Swain is a wise man and would most likely get an equally opportunistic moment on Jarvan IV again, while the sheer grit and resolve Jarvan IV has would balance the fight out.

This leaves the speculative outcome of the fight to a 3v3 match up.

First up are Luxanna and Vladimir. While Vladimir has a good deal of power with the strength of every hemomancer before him, Luxanna does have the ability to warp light to shield herself, turn invisible and bend other's magic to her own will. I don't think Vladimir can see blood, but rather must see his opponent before working his magic. Thus, Luxanna squeaks by with a near win.

Next up are Galio and Sion, the heavies. Galio is arguably the weak link in the Demacian team, being neither prodigy nor hewn in battle. Sion, however, is one of Noxus's best, only further augmented by the necromancy spell put upon him. While the two are physically capable of bashing eachother until the cows come home, I believe Sion to be the more experienced fighter, and thus, the superior in this match up.

Lastly, and down to the wire in the clash, are Xin Zhao and Urgot. I really wish this wasn't such a landslide fight, but that's just what it is. Xin Zhao is a gladiator with a spotless reputation for sheer relentlessness against insurmountable odds, against Noxians none the less, and then to top it off he becomes a master of disguise and espionage while being the perfect bodyguard for the current royal family in Demacia. On the other hand, Urgot is a famous Noxian solider known for running headlong into a fight and becoming near-mortally wounded. His death was made all the more famous by being ended by Garen and then being put into a ramshackle state of techmaturgy and reanimated corpse bits to preserve the Noxian executioner. To say that Urgot seems a little outmatched would be a gross understatement. Though Zaun did their best to make Urgot a walking machine of death, I feel that Xin Zhao already was a walking machine of death (figuratively) and with his prowess in battle could easily dispatch of the monstosity that is Urgot.

So there you have it. I believe Demacia would win, if only because the match-ups are so close until you get to the final pairing or Urgot versus Xin Zhao. "But the alternative", you ask? Cassiopia isn't much of a fight and really only has her beastial prowess to assist her in being a champion -- something easily overcome by one such as Xin Zhao and his masterful craft on the battlefield. Either way, the steep drop-off in strength once the fifth champion is chosen is Noxus's true weakness in the fight.
i think mundo would probably classify under noxus, yes hes from zaun, but isn't he living in Noxus now, attempting to make the perfect killing machine? Noxus is helping mundo to turn himself into a killing machine so i believe he could be considered a Noxian champion as well

Nekral

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajinn5 View Post
i think mundo would probably classify under noxus, yes hes from zaun, but isn't he living in Noxus now, attempting to make the perfect killing machine? Noxus is helping mundo to turn himself into a killing machine so i believe he could be considered a Noxian champion as well
I believe his lore states that Mundo has dual citizenship. I could be wrong though.