Tank Chogath item questions (including- why warmogg's?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OEG KneezY

09-12-2010

i cant say this is for everyone but here it goes. My cho'gath buld normaly ends up with a score of 10-5-18 ish. I solo mid most of the time so it might not be as viable as most other builds but i get around 200-300 ck a game so **** the haters.

Start off with a dorans ring as if you last hit you have no problem with life. This also allows you to spam rupture and if you are good with it you can easily burst down you squishy counter part on the other team. Plus dorans ring gives more hp and mp5 on top of racial if your not noob and last hit decently. I then (depending on enemy team comp) grab Mecury or ninja tabi boots, warmog's, and elixir of fort all in one trip to base. i farm up like 5k gold quickly with one or two hero kills from eating. om nom nom! Then coming after warmogs i grab a force of nature, followed by a aegis (great for team). anything after that i would go more armor and magic resist depending on team comp. be smart about it to much hp makes bloodrazor pwn you more. i like sitting at like 4.5k but that my opinion. If you want a good solo mid as cho'gath guide write back and ill make one if not i don't want to mess with it

Angel0FChaos

09-12-2010

Simple reason for mass hp is sheer tankness. If you get wargmoggs for first item u can recieve max stacks by mid-end game. Thats a huge HP boost. Then start workin magic resis and armor. No need to only go one or the other. You do have 6 slots....

But why so much hp? It allows u to freaking tank, thats ur **** job. And sumones gonna say "but there not gonna attack u if have tons and tons of hp"
Then u dont know how to tank..and u need to go play a dps or something. Also, you dont think GOOD players dont check armor and other stats of heros? Or at the very least look and see " hey hes got a **** ton of magic resis or armor, lets jus counter it"
A tanks job is to go in, and disrupt there game, to distract, to absorb damage. When ur mass hp, with sum armor and magic resis, u can go in and pretty much parade next to them while the slowly chip away at u. Slowly wearing away their mana, their hp ect. But mainly this is used to break them up, to disorganize them. Hopefully making one of there idiot teammates wonder to far out or get caught in ur stun by themselves. And allowing ur team to swoop in and mop him up. Which happens rather often. Even pros make mistakes here.
But even if this dosent happen heres the best part of mass hp. They start spamming you and actually start working away some hp. Once they get you down to 1/2 or 1/4 hp, then run. Someone if not several players are gonna see this very low, 1/4 hp cho and are gonna chase to kill. Of cousre the funny thing is even though u have a very low % of life left, your really still at 2500 hp and befor they can turn back, BAM! Team jumps from there spots and owns.

Infernostrider

12-30-2010

it's starting to feel kind of redundant to bother posting my chotank build here, as 1: there are already a lot of good suggestions in this thread and 2: i haven't been playing the terror of the void for long but...im gonna go ahead and do it anyway ^^

Warmogs (start game with regen pendant)
boots --> mercs if they have 2 stuns or more, or have a lot of magic dps. ninja tabi for melee heavy teams. swiftness if they don't have much of either
guardian angel

from here, it depends on the enemy setup, usually i get FoN first for the massive regen and because a lot of teams are caster heavy at the moment. if not, thornmail
against a stun heavy team i like to get a banshee's veil
and for the final item, warmogs, atma's, frozen mallet, frozen heart...all valid options

as you can see i'm not much of a support tank, i prefer to make myself as indestructable as possible as fast as i can so when the enemy sees me they go OMFG ITS THAT THING AGAAAAAA HE'S EATING MEEEEEEEE or run off and cry to their mothers as i survived all their CC and nukes while my team mops up. i do believe that a supportive aura carrier should be in each and any team, but my job is staying alive first. if im succesful, let soraka buy aura's and go 100% support. if 'm not succesful, let her buy AP to heal with and let your least succesful team member start stacking aura's instead (in almost every team, even premades, there is at least one person who is less succesful in surviving and/or killing)

i hope my post has been of help to somebody, and if anyone has any tips to help make it look tidier, be my guest and tell me ^^

Gunflame

12-30-2010

Am I the only person who believe that chogath is limited by Cooldowns?

I don't think warmogs makes your resilient to damage until LATTEEE game My favorite Chogath build is AP/tank hybrid... something like this.

RoA
Guardian Angel
Survival Item 1
Survival Item 2
Luxury Item
Boots

In resist items I can get:
Aegis
Frozen Heart
Force of Nature
Raduims
Banshee's Veil
Sunfire

Luxury Items are:
- Rylai (for AoE slows).
- Mejai (for carrying).
- Warmogs (after you build heavy magic/armor).
- Abyssal Scepter (vs heavy magic).
- Quicksilver Sash (vs heavy magic with stuns).

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

Gunflame, you're not alone. However, I'm not going to try to stop the warmog's insanity. I don't want Riot to nerf my cho

At 1500 elo, invinci Cho = completely and utterly worthless.

simplygnome

12-30-2010

If you can convince your team to let you solo mid, Nashor's tooth is such an amazing item on Cho. And yes, for a tank build. Then grab your armor/mr.

Just like DPS get a tank item to stay alive, Cho gains SO much damage out put from a little CDR and AS.

Doriantv

12-30-2010

Condon's Warmog suggestion on Cho'Gath is for long games and pubstomping only. Smart opponents buy Madred's, and then gg.

Instead, you should focus on CDR to raise your threat level by spamming more CC's. Frozen Heart, Soul Shroud, and Nashor's Tooth are all good choices. For MR, Banshee's Veil, Abyssal Scepter, or Force of Nature all work.

Aegis and Soul Shroud are also good Cho Choices, and even Sunfire Cape is decent. Basically, you want to be raising your threat level as much as possible. Warmog's doesn't do that. These items do.

Thas Ninja

12-30-2010

The reason Cho buys HP is because he is an HP tank. His ult allows him to get ridiculously fat, and his rupture, scream, and nom nom make it so that he isnt simpy ignored in teamfights.

Carl Lazlo

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampZero View Post
There's tons of ways to counter armor, but not as many ways to counter HP is my guess.

Well that's an interesting poiAGGRAGLAGLGALRAGRALG HOLY **** THAT DUDE GOT EATEN
bloodrazorz want to have a word with you

Claricorp

12-30-2010

FON is pretty much one of the greatest items for cho gath, especially if you build him with some extra hp items.

If you want some straight tank.
Merc treads
Aegis
Fon
Randuins
straight up, good health, regen, armor, resist.
Soul shroud is also a pretty decent item on him too instead of aegis

Personally if im playing cho Ap is more preferable
Merc treads
Dorans Ring
Boots(sorc or mercs)
Rod of Ages
Rylais
Fon

Tanky with great AP, HP, regen and Mr.
you can get a more armory item instead of fon depending on team comp of course.