Tank Chogath item questions (including- why warmogg's?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ęzeal

04-17-2010

I never build straight hp, but it's not a bad idea.

Usually I go
Warmog's
Boots of Swiftness (just to dine and dash)
Guardian
FoN
Warmog's
Sunfire

If someone can kill you in under 30 seconds with this, then they have more than one madred's/deathfire/warwick. Which is extremely rare. Stacking health is marvelous, but no one says to stack pure hp. Guardian's is a nice buff to armor and MR, and has an AMAZING passive for Cho. With FoN, you get more health regen, more MR, and a passive that becomes better every time you get more health. So then you get Warmog's again! After teamfights, you regen to full in 30 seconds. The regen negates Madred's, so unless someone packs Executioner's Calling too, then you're ok. If they do, their build will be useless on the rest of your team.

And as condon says, black bars are scary. Nothing is better than starting a fight and seeing in allchat "HOLY **** HE HAS 6k HP!"

malphismia

04-17-2010

What's a BoS, lol never heard of that acronym before.

Ęzeal

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
What's a BoS, lol never heard of that acronym before.
Boots of Swiftness, I suppose with Boots of Speed that could be confusing, but since no one ever stays with level 1 boots........

I'll change it in my post.

xDiamantx

04-17-2010

I usually go
Warmog's
Atmas Impaler
Most people already can't counter me at this point which is a bit sad,
The rest I change up depending on what my team needs.

Matthew21210

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
The second build he mentioned also had a warmogs picked up too, just incorporated MR and armor which gives more effective health than health itself. And its cheaper build.

Also, warmog's passive isnt UNIQUE, so it can stack (so basically, your whole berserker greaves analogy fails).

I'm not sure why you bashed on the guy so hard, when you are the one thats wrong. Long story short, you sir, are the one that sounds like the fool lol.
No, it's still an analogy. Too much of a thing. Maybe I should make it daggers, or nashor's?

Tis' not his build I rip upon, but his method of attack upon the build.

Going "LOLOLOL, noobs wit eight warmogs don't know how2 twinklrn2play" Isn't effective. Ever. Is a warmogs good? Yes. Are two of em good? **** straight. Three? Errrr.... What about boots? How about four? No, seriously. I need some AD, or AP, or something.... What about a fifth? Dude, can I get some survivability now? I'm not sure how I bought this thing intending to fill it up anyways, and the regen is **** compared to he 6K health nukes... Just one BV... HEY! Here's.... A SIXTH WARMOG'S. They're.... They're beating down our fountain tower for spite now... Just... Make it stop...

DreamyDays

04-19-2010

Er... mind if I ask a question?
I only played Cho once (when he was free), so I'm not sure about this...

But what happens if you get Atmas & multiple Warmogs?
Example)
Warmogs
boots
GA/FoN/SV/Whatever
Atmas
Warmog
Warmog, or Armor/MR, or anything you want

It looks scary to me... but as I said, I'm not sure how it will turn out.

P.S. Got the idea while talking with my friend about the worst nightmarish MFing Cho'Gath to encounter....

xDiamantx

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyDays View Post
Er... mind if I ask a question?
I only played Cho once (when he was free), so I'm not sure about this...

But what happens if you get Atmas & multiple Warmogs?
Example)
Warmogs
boots
GA/FoN/SV/Whatever
Atmas
Warmog
Warmog, or Armor/MR, or anything you want

It looks scary to me... but as I said, I'm not sure how it will turn out.

P.S. Got the idea while talking with my friend about the worst nightmarish MFing Cho'Gath to encounter....
I used one Warmog's Armor and an Atmas Impaler, I forgot the other items I used but at end game I had around 5k hp and had around 200 attack, that plus the damage from feral spikes, your damage would be around 260 damage before armor and magic resist. It's not very much against a DPS but it's amazing for finishing off squishies.

Yellow Jester

04-19-2010

For the record Mundo eats cho'gath for breakfast and Warmog's Armor is for use with atma's impaler and, preferably, 4 more warmog's armors. Infinite health and +200 damage and + 500 health regen, for the low, low price of only 17,000 gold.

Warmog's is the cho'gath item. Just get as many as possible, 1 atma's impaler, and a guardian angel, and you're set. high MR and Armor, a health bar the size of that one guy's shlong, and you recover half your health on death. Throw on a Force of Nature for good measure and bam, 150 of each thing, with 6,000 health, and +120 damage.

JackAubrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

DON'T get multiple Warmog's. I realize the passive isn't unique, BUT it only gives one stack per minion kill, regardless of how many Warmog's you have. 5 Warmogs? Hope you've got 500+ minion kills this game.

I usually get one when I'm playing Singed (yay really fast creep farming), though I'm hesitant to try it on Shen.

Xanthyr

04-20-2010

Proper way to play Cho'Gath.

Warmogs
Spirit Visage
BootsofChoice
Guardian Angel
Frozen Heart
X

Get 6 stacks of feast, stand on top of Twitch as he ultimates and no one can click on him.

Really though, I've heard good and bad on spirit visage, but I usually get it after my warmogs/boots, allows for some strong pushing even with multiple champs hitting you, you regen through it with creepkills.

Also having a soraka and a zilean on the team makes it too good to be true.