Tank Chogath item questions (including- why warmogg's?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gamergeek10

03-18-2010

What about a Rylai's on Cho? I've been messing around with that and it has the hp to help with the Cho theme ap for a little more offensive power and the best part is the slow which applies to every ability but his passive. I find the slow helps in team fights to keep the runners from getting away.

I've been going warmogs then boots (which get upgraded depending on the game) followed by rylai's. At this point its up in the air what to get next depending on the enemy team.

Chingmeister

03-19-2010

The reason is simple.
Taric, Alistar, and Mundo self heal.

Mord, Blitz, and Panth shield and use ranged attacks.

Squirtle and Chogath buy hp regen because they have no other way of sustaining a team push or dealing with harassment in a double lane while up front.

Silverdevilboy

04-06-2010

Basically, HP is scarier, and Armor pen and Magic pen have become REALLY popular. And they are limited at 0 Armor/MR.

Divine Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Psychology is a very important aspect of playing a proper MFing Cho'Gath, almost as important as having balls the size of Mundo (whole Mundo, mind you) and foaming at the mouth when you enter team fights.
LOL the creator of the guide giving the MFing Cho the best build :P I usually just stack high health and with six feast I can just stand there and take tons of damage.

malphismia

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamergeek10 View Post
What about a Rylai's on Cho? I've been messing around with that and it has the hp to help with the Cho theme ap for a little more offensive power and the best part is the slow which applies to every ability but his passive. I find the slow helps in team fights to keep the runners from getting away.

I've been going warmogs then boots (which get upgraded depending on the game) followed by rylai's. At this point its up in the air what to get next depending on the enemy team.
My friend builds an AP cho, he's actually really good at it. With rylai's, you have a silence/slow spell, talk about aoe CC. Plus he can spit out insane damage, and still have AP items that synergize with survivability (ROA, Rylais)

Matthew21210

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
Here, have some math.

This build has 6 Warmog's. It gives you 15,716 effective health, is greatly biased towards physical damage health, grants no benefits other than health, and costs 19200 gold.

This build has a number of different armor, magic resistance, and health items. It gives you 15,096 effective health, is balanced against magic and physical damage, grants some amazing benefits including spell block, damage return, self-revive, and percentage of max health regeneration, and costs 13880.

That's 5320 less gold, for a much greater benefit.
And, along the way, you managed to ignore why grabbing A warmogs in the first place is great. It's a good first item because, as a first item, it doesn't really come in handy at the start, but instead, soft snowballs, and by the time you grab your second or third item, there's also the "bonus" health and regen from the warmogs. Getting six warmogs is just stupid. You'd never stack six Berserker's greaves would you? *saw a noob ass karthus do this* It's just ******ed. Still, that 25% boost to ATK spd IS nice on a twitch or something. Let's you free up other item slots instead of building more ATK spd.
long story short, you sir, are near sighted, and a fool.

MagicChicken

04-17-2010

I'm just starting to figure out my own Cho, and this is what I've been trying rather unsuccessfully

- Rod of Ages
- sorc boots
- hunter's guise

then I get tank items. Levi if things are good, Banshee if nukers rule, guardian angel for yada yada, and almost always a force of nature.

I've got other questions about Cho though too, so I'd like to hear what masteries, runes, summoner spells and skill builds ppl do. The guides we have on the forums are all outdated it seems.

malphismia

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew21210 View Post
And, along the way, you managed to ignore why grabbing A warmogs in the first place is great. It's a good first item because, as a first item, it doesn't really come in handy at the start, but instead, soft snowballs, and by the time you grab your second or third item, there's also the "bonus" health and regen from the warmogs. Getting six warmogs is just stupid. You'd never stack six Berserker's greaves would you? *saw a noob ass karthus do this* It's just ******ed. Still, that 25% boost to ATK spd IS nice on a twitch or something. Let's you free up other item slots instead of building more ATK spd.
long story short, you sir, are near sighted, and a fool.
The second build he mentioned also had a warmogs picked up too, just incorporated MR and armor which gives more effective health than health itself. And its cheaper build.

Also, warmog's passive isnt UNIQUE, so it can stack (so basically, your whole berserker greaves analogy fails).

I'm not sure why you bashed on the guy so hard, when you are the one thats wrong. Long story short, you sir, are the one that sounds like the fool lol.

DonaldPotsmoker

04-17-2010

I like warmogs because I like to buy ruby crystal first. Since cho has mana/hp regen from killing creeps, the hp regen from a pendant thatI would buy for my force of nature (if I were building that first) is unnecessary. It's nice being lvl 1 with 300 more hp than anyone else, it's a huge advantage early game. Then by the next time I shop (around lvl 7) I can usually finish the warmogs and buy boots. Then I'll upgrade to swiftness and buy game specific items next (armor, MR, or AP).

As for summoner spells, I usually go tele and flash. I like tp because as the tank I need to be there for team fights, also it helps me lane more efficiently. Flash is simply for tower diving and running. I like it more than ghost because I like to hop the trees to flee and it helps for eating people. They think they're safe then boom...flash...nom nom nom...they're history. Frequently, I'll tp in when they're attacking tower, they run when they see the tp and I flash in and gobble them up. Or, in a 5v5 team battle center lane I'll wait for our casters and range dps to harass someone low enough for me to eat. I'll run in and tank the damage/stuns, eat a guy to stay alive then flash back to my team. The other team, who is frantically trying to kill me, gets picked off by my team once I flash back and their whole team takes a step out too far. Summoner spells are really about the player though. You need to learn to use the summoner spells you choose efficiently. I use tp and flash with 80% of the champs I play because I'm good at using them.

Lagoon7

04-17-2010

This is what i go, assuming both physical and magical DPS (Runes/Masteries not filled in, but i use scaling MP5 yellows, they cover all of cho's mana needs).

Sure, madreds will counter that much hp, but at 60+ hp/second regen (300+hp/5sec), you just gotta enter the forest for half a minute to come out at full (creep kills heals u).

Besides if you force even one person to build madreds, you just fuxxed up their whole build. That thing is not in any way cheap. Unlike Last Whisper.

Only case id consider skipping the mog's all together, is when there is a competent warwick on the opposing team, or if they are all casters, since WW has synergy with madreds and his Q takes off %hp, and casters love to pack deathfire.