[Mini-Guide] Critalyn - Crit Dmg and Beyond.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TacoMental

01-22-2011

Here is how i've been stomping with caitlyn.

Runes: Crit dmg everything except for move speed quints.
Masteries: 21/0/9
Summoner Spells: Ghost & Flash
Skill order: R>Q>E>W

First item: Brawlers Gloves 2x HP.

GENERAL ITEM ORDER

Early game:
What - 2x Zeal & zerk Greaves
Why - This gives you some much needed as / move speed and crit chance. This lets you farm from merely auto attacking as well. You should just farm and ping the enemy keeping max range. Mirror the enemy keep max range and harass.

Mid Game:
What: Rush last whisper then finish your phantoms.
Why: The whipser gives much needed arpen and AD. The phantoms give you more of what the zeals give you. Since they are cheap now its not too hard to finish these.

Late Game:
What: IE and blood thirster.
Why: This is a crit build IE is a must. If you need it get vamp scepter first. Always get IE before bloodthirster.

Final Build:
Zerk Greaves
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge

Using this build my "Largest Crit" stat was 1947. I'm willing to bet thats from headshot and probalby a minion proc. Still pretty big. The most recent game I used this build we were able to pull out an amazing comback after a yi had totally wrecked our base via constant BD'ing.

I have struggled with caitlyn since she was released and this build has been far and away the most fun i've had. More often than not you start shooting and in 2-3 shots the enemy will flee with low enough health to ulti them for the kill.

I also have my roomate running in front of me as a tanky ass mundo which helps alot. You need a meat shield.

CTHDRL

01-22-2011

-1 For crit damage.

Numerous users have already proved they're literally the most worthless runes to buy. And Arpen and Crit chance are infinitely better where utility and DPS is concerned.

MBirk

01-22-2011

one has a point.

Crit damge runes are terrible. and you are loosing damage to armor.

Armor pen man.

21/0/9 also.
Havoc 4% damage. lets say you land a crit for 900 damage. 4%. 36 extra damage.
36 damage on a 900 damage crit, before armor. 4% on your normal 300 hit, 12 damage. 15% longer red buff is better.

Your build is awfully slow. ias and crit early. Buffing your low damage, and doing nothing to boost your Q damage. So your farm will be much slower, then if you went LW first, then zeal. even zealx2.

No defense. Move speed is nice. but you need to consider, you might need to plan for some hp, mr. probably wont need ar with that much damage and move speed. its the lux/kassidinskennens, etc that you need to be ready for. Even a tanky ass mundo wont stop them.

TacoMental

01-22-2011

The game with the tanky ass mundo had kassadin, Yi, Nidallee all trying to get at me. The idea is to play super safe. And yes it is a more "long term" build not a get fed fast build. It essentially won us what seemed would be an impossible to win game.

Also people say crit dmg is bad but when I have an extra 100% crit dmg (40 from runes 10 from masteries and 50 from IE) and I have 100% crit chance the arpen argument goes out the window. esp since I hvae 40% arpen.

If non critting I have 300 AD with enough arpen to have 0 dmg reduction which is pretty rare esp vs the current tanky meta game My hits do 312 with the 4% bonus you speak of.

With 300% crit dmg (instead of base 200%) and 100% crit chance My hits now hiht for 900 instead of 300. However There is armor to deal with. Even if thy have 68 % dmg reduction (900 * .32) My hit is 299.52 which i'll round to 300. But I have last whisper so its not quite that high. Meaning I will hit harder than if i had just arpen and dmg.

Yes crit dmg sucks IF you dont' have enough and IF you don't have 100% crit chance. When both of these criteria are fullfilled you hit much harder. Albiet later. This is why trynd is often refered to as a hard carry. Esp if you run crit dmg runes on him. Which BTW I 100% recommend. No one has an easier time getting to the 100% crit stat than he.

THE reason trynd hits so hard once he gets IE and is itemized late game is because of his Q giving him crit dmg, 36 @ lvl 5 and 8 stacks to be exact. Most players don't run crit dmg runes on him. I get more than 36 crit dmg from my runes. Since both get masteries and IE. My caitlyn build should hit just about as hard as a tryndamere...As long as the actual AD is similiar. And again...no one denys how hard trynd can hit.

TacoMental

01-22-2011

The above being said I really hope they never buff crit dmg runes becasuse then everyone will use them.

OnlyLiveOnce

01-24-2011

I run crit damage runes on my tryndamere build and it works great. The extra damage with over 400 base damage easily out weighs the extra damage I would run if I decided to go armor penatration (Around 30) runes.

Saavedra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Numerous users have already proved they're literally the most worthless runes to buy
Armor Penetration runes have been nerfed since then. I haven't seen any new Math since the ArPen nerf, so I assume crit damage is viable now, else they would have nerfed harder. :P