Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac client reorders multi-monitor setups on first launch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sestren

05-30-2013

I use an external display as my primary monitor for my 2011 Macbook Pro. The Macbook sits next to it as a secondary extended display. Whenever I start up a game of League my monitors will flip orientation, but the external monitor retains control of the game despite not being set to primary.

For example, my standard setup is this:

[ 22" Monitor ] [Macbook]

When the game launches the OS suddenly reorders to this:

[Macbook] [ 22" Monitor ]
such that scrolling to the left of my primary display causes the cursor to appear on the right side of my secondary display.

This only occurs after launching a game for the first time after opening the client. If I open system settings and reorder the displays back to normal, successive game launches will not continue to mess with the displays.

Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 (Lion)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Late 2011 model 15-inch MBP