Teleport usability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrag

08-04-2009

Sorry if this has been posted before, but you *really* need to be able to use teleport on the minimap. It's easy enough to teleport to towers using the minimap, but VERY difficult (impossible for me so far) to teleport to minions, which means you have to unlock the camera, move it to where they are, click, and relock the camera.

Ideally, you would just teleport to the nearest minion to wherever you clicked on the minimap.

Duffie

08-04-2009

I am open to different playstyles. In my opinion, the camera should never be locked unless your tapping space to quickly find your hero in a pinch. It just hurts yourself to play this way.

I see nothing wrong in this change though. It does only take a few seconds to unlock the camera and warp there though.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
camera should never be locked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
never
i'm not opposed to teleport working via minimap, that's a good idea. but still you should seriously consider never having your camera locked.

Moncaz

08-04-2009

U play with ur camera locked? seriously?

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

Teleport should work on the minimap anyway. If someone wants to play with a locked camera, they should be able to do so. You can't discriminate preference.

Moncaz

08-04-2009

There are many many HUGE disadvantages to having ur camera locked. U cannot argue that statement.

Skrag

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moncaz View Post
There are many many HUGE disadvantages to having ur camera locked. U cannot argue that statement.
Like what?

I tried playing with the camera unlocked, and just found myself hitting the space bar all the time because the field of view is pretty narrow.

Lollerman

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrag View Post
Like what?

I tried playing with the camera unlocked, and just found myself hitting the space bar all the time because the field of view is pretty narrow.
You hit the space bar quite often to home in on your champions - that's a given - but to lock your camera also means you won't be able to check on your lane partners/enemies/other team mates as frequent as you would, as you'd need to unlock the camera.

Well, there's no real disadvantage to unlocking the camera if there's a way to come back to your champion quickly... and since you CAN unlock it simply with a press of a button, I guess it's not THAT big a deal, but having it unlocked is just way easier to stay alert and aware of the map; having things constantly move as your champion moves is rather unsettling (you may even miss that enemy champion that just moved into the visible part of the map, but slightly outside of your own field of view when you lock camera)

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrag View Post
Like what?
trying aiming ashe's enchanted arrow. or checking up on enemy health. or friendly health. or, say, even using teleport and cardmaster's teleport.