DPS has healthsleal items. Why can't casters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2009

I think adding an item with a passive that would give abilities vampiric qualities could prove to be quite useful. Casters have low health normally anyway. Why not help them out a little bit.

Goldenpineapple

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
Why not help them out a little bit.
Because that's the point. The vast majority of spells already have special effects, not just pure damage. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a pure nuke life drain, a la Bane elemental's brain sap, but it just seems like a mechanic Riot wants to avoid.

Play Fiddle.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpineapple View Post
it just seems like a mechanic Riot wants to avoid.
I can see that. I just wondered why.

Goldenpineapple

12-11-2009

Quote:
I can see that. I just wondered why.
Because casters are not on the same playing field as dps? The mechanics are supposed to be varied, not similar.

It wouldn't balance well. Physical DPS has to attack minions separately, but a good number of casters can drop a bomb and wipe a massive minion wave. If every dps spell in the game was single-target on autocast, exactly like an autoattack, then maybe.

Casters don't need any 'help.' They're to be played differently.

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpineapple View Post
Because casters are not on the same playing field as dps? The mechanics are supposed to be varied, not similar.

It wouldn't balance well. Physical DPS has to attack minions separately, but a good number of casters can drop a bomb and wipe a massive minion wave. If every dps spell in the game was single-target on autocast, exactly like an autoattack, then maybe.

Casters don't need any 'help.' They're to be played differently.
well look at how they desalt with that for Rylai's compaired to mallet: decreased effectiveness on AoEs

jerzy

12-11-2009

Wait wut? I could drain a guy while I'm draining a guy. I think I'd play Fiddlesticks twice as often.

mermin

12-12-2009

imagine veigar dropping his WMD on you while he has 100hp and heals to full while busting 70% of ur HP. Or amumu healing up from despair

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-12-2009

despair is an AoE spell so it'd have diminished effectiveness. And veigar is still squishy as hell.

DerpDerp

12-12-2009

Quote:
despair is an AoE spell so it'd have diminished effectiveness. And veigar is still squishy as hell.
still, casters are meant to be squishy...vieger can kill champs end game pretty **** fast... which makes up pretty quick. I dont see any problem with caster mechanics at the moment. they in general have more disables and higher AOE and burst damage.

renticletape

12-12-2009

Doesn't the intervening locket item regen health upon spell cast? That is pretty much like life steal but scales with cool down reduction instead of damage.