Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Irelia Awareness Thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nabonidus

11-17-2010

Quote:
Kardea:
I, for one, think Manamune is a freakin' great item for any auto-attack hero that uses mana. For some reason, people think I'm insane.

Not all autoattack heroes; it's most efficient on a hero who has some form of spammable attack (Parrley, Double Up, Living Artillery, and in Irelia's case, smart use of blade surge).

f4te

11-17-2010

m o n o m o n e

HeebrewHammer

11-17-2010

Sure, you can jungle with her, but for you (the OP) to discount any other way of playing her? You're an idiot.

Crayon Puppet

11-17-2010

Quote:
Violents:
She is not a standard AD champ.
She is not an AP hybrid.
She is not an AS wh0re.
She is not a Katarina clone.

She is a jungler, that builds with TriForce, Atma's, Manamune, BVeil, Warmog's and Boots. Or a variation of tanky DPS, similar to Olaf.

If you are not doing enough damage, drink red elixirs.

Make Wriggles, get Giant Belt, get Atma's, get Phage, get Warmog's, get TriForce, sell Wriggles for Manamune, work on BVeil.

The synergy of all of this together is more than enough damage. Approximately 300 or so.

Now, I know I'm going to get downvotes because a lot of you think Manamune sucks. But, if you have BVeil and TriForce, why on earth aren't you getting Manamune?

Irelia is nothing special with just a triforce, she's definitely not a great farmer I don't care what you think about Q (if ur abilities don't allow u to kill multiple creeps at a time u are a bad farmer ex. Poppy, Ezreal) She's nothing special as an early game ganker. When you posit a six item build for a character in support of it, it shows your lack of faith in that characters kit. If I ask a decent ashe player how to build ashe they'll probably say "Oh just get an IE and then build based on how the games unfolding and the champions your facing" Your post is basically "Oh buy Warmogs Triforce Atma's Manamune and Bviel then you can be usefull to your team".

Efrain

11-17-2010

A triforce early hasn't worked out for me. It takes too long to build if you're not getting fed. It's a nice item for her, but rushing it is expensive. I found a build that's been working for me nicely so far. Zerker/Merc treads depending on how much CC on the other team, Starks,starting with emblem and finishing with recurve bow, Guardian angel because for some reason it has made me an anti focus during team fights in every game so far (include sarcasm), bloodthirster for some AD and madreds/triforce depending on the other team's survivability items. Overall, abusing the true damage with attack speed and have some hp regen to synergize with her w will make you a much sturdier champion during team fights. I just finished a game where I had merc treads,starks,GA,bloodthirster and a recurve bow which allowed me to tank Sion,Cho, and Lux while WW flanked and we killed the 3 of them. Poor evelyn tried thought she could kill me until shen showed up and the three of us kill her. They broke my GA once that entire game. Silly me for tower diving 4 people... But yeah, I have a hard time last hitting due to mana issues until lvl 5 or so when my runes kick in. Her laning isn't bad either. Took some practice though.

Voidgolem

11-17-2010

Possibly the best melee laner and people think she needs to jungle.

Go figure.

Katarìna

11-17-2010

Wow. So many negative attitudes. This is amazing. You people rage so hard at the smallest things. I came here, to make a thread to discuss builds, not listen to you cry about how she may or may not be UP or OP or whatever.

She's fine. Most people just build her wrong.

Wait for it:

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE shows that building tanky DPS and jungling, for me, is successful. 17/3/9 with 330 AD and 4600 HP.

Katarìna

11-17-2010

Quote:
Nabonidus:
Not all autoattack heroes; it's most efficient on a hero who has some form of spammable attack (Parrley, Double Up, Living Artillery, and in Irelia's case, smart use of blade surge).

Exactly. You can last hit with Blade Surge and stack the Manamune.

Katarìna

11-17-2010

Quote:
SarenArterius:
Who is Irelia?

She's better than your garbage Lichbane hybrid Ryze that you called AD Ryze.

Lichbane = AP bro. Sheen/TriForce = AD.

Katarìna

11-17-2010

Quote:
Audhulma:
Id like to know if Phantom Dancer and IE work on her

AS builds with PDancers 'do' work, they're just not optimal. I mean if you're fighting a team with Yi, Tryn, Trist, Ashe and a tank. Then sure, go for it.