How do you counter LeBlanc mid with Corki?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azakir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Please don't interpret this as a QQ thread, and for the love of god don't act like a freaking brazilian and start saying "HUEHUEHUE yu is nub, yu is take morgana and buy 6 banshee, is then kill LeBlanc"...now, I'm exagerating, but no annoying replies plz

Anyway, I main Corki, and whenever I take Corki I always make sure I'm able to go mid, because I simply hate playing with Corki when I'm not able to mid. For that reason, I'm often the only mid champ on my team, so I can't really ask for a lane switch.

Now, please note that there isn't a single champion other than LeBlanc against which I have consistent trouble when playing as Corki. LeBlanc is the only one. Usually, when I know I might be facing harder mid champs like Vlad, I change my build and start with vampiric scepter, which I find really works well for laning. However, even this doesn't work against LeBlanc due to her insane burst damage. And whenever she flashes in my face, I lose tons of health, get silenced, but also cannot fight back because she flashes out. And if I catch her on cooldown and Valkyrie in, then she just has to root me. Even staying behind minions and turret is difficult because after 2 attacks she hasn't lost much life but I've lost more than half of mine. Eventually, I have no choice but to recall, giving her more xp and making things much worse.

My spells are teleport and clarity.

Leirkov

11-16-2010

Go Flash-Ghost / Ghost-Ignite. (Preferably F-G)

Good LeBlancs will take W first. So you're going to get hit at level 1 hard. (about). I don't know what you take at level 1 as Corki, Q?

When she walks up to you to use Sigil, she'll probably silence you. If she's doing this, use your creep line to your advantage and stay to attack her. When the silence wears off, valkyrie and gatling her ass off.

At level 6 her burst combo will pretty much wreck you. However, you can't let her get that far. MOVE after the first silence to make her be forced to use Chains, and try to dodge that. If not, you're screwed. If she messes up her combo (and Distortion's return is over) you have the huge advantage.

Skyeclaw

11-16-2010

In my experience, you should mainly use Valkyrie as an escape mechanism. You should only use it offensively if your certain you can kill your opponent.

I don't think I have laned against Leb much on Corki, but what I would advise is playing more defensively, focus more on farming than harassing her. Hit her and some minions with Phosphorous bomb if you see the opportunity (be careful about it tho), and use Valk do escape if you think shes going to attack. If she manages to fire her Sigil at you or distorts toward you, Valkyrie away Immediately so she can't follow it up with other spells. Do your best to stay alive till lvl 6, then you can start harassing the crab out of her with your rockets. Always hit her with the Big ones as much as possible.

BeyondGodlike

11-16-2010

You could try to avoiding leblanc while maintaining last hit. You can't do much except maybe poking her if she runs past her creeps to harass you and turns to go back. You can use phosphorus to harass and farm.

Motion4Life

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodfoodfoodplz View Post
Please don't interpret this as a QQ thread, and for the love of god don't act like a freaking brazilian and start saying "HUEHUEHUE yu is nub, yu is take morgana and buy 6 banshee, is then kill LeBlanc"
lulzercoasters

QQCucumber

11-17-2010

Get magic resist blue runes, and 3 points into the magic resist mastery. Don't be aggressive and don't ever push, just work on last hitting. Rush a Wriggle's and then a Null-Magic Mantle and then she will not be able to do a whole lot to harass you anymore.

EasymodeX

11-17-2010

Boots of Speed and 3 HP pots. Ghost Teleport.

Autoattack harass her down with Q on top. Don't get Valk at level 1.

Before level 2, she cannot silence. Nor can she exceed your damage per skirmish. So, at level 1, bumrush her into the ground with your excess HP pots.

If she gets level 2, then keep harassing her, but maintain high mobility. If she cannot connect her second spell, she cannot silence you. So just dodge it and go balls deep up her ass with bomb/gat.

Make her bluepill -- waste the last enemy creeps in the wave and immediately bluepill yourself, pick up your usual starting items, and port back. Now you have +half a level or +1 level on her, etc. Do it again. If you killed her, you have bonus extra lolgold.

Dwarfling

11-17-2010

HexDrinker?

Krackor

11-17-2010

You should have a significant advantage with auto attacks early game if you're set up with offensive runes/masteries. Make sure to harass liberally at level 1. Don't get scared and back off when she fires a spell or two at you since they all have 11 second cooldowns. You should be able to get plenty of harassment off in response before she can cast on you again.

Her Q-W combo can start to add up once you're at level 3-5 though, so it would be smart to call in a gank from your jungler. Start to tower hug when she's looking aggressive and have your jungler wait in a side bush. Bait the use of her W and engage as soon as she uses the secondary blink back to her starting location.

Post 6 you should be able to last hit/clear creep waves quickly and safely with R. (Hopefully you've bought a tear of the goddess and are fine spamming abilities without running oom.) Leblanc has a very hard time clearing creep waves so she'll be occupied keeping them off her tower while you are free to roam as you please until the next wave. Use that chance to go back to base to heal/buy, clear wraith camps, check for wards on dragon, or gank side lanes.

EnemyController

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2010

Teleport and Clarity...why