[Guide][LONG] Zilean, that Clock Guy. AP Playstyle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2009

There's a mistake in your guide, Deathfire Grasp add 15% CDR, not 10.

What do you think about going All -%CDR runes (instead of buying a frozen heart?)

-16% CDR from runes
-9% CDR from masteries
-15% CDR from Deathfire Grasp

The max CDR you can get with static runes (aka rune of Focus) is 14,82%, so you need atleast 5 Gylph of Celerity (per lvl CDR) to get the cap.
or
2 Quintessens of Celerity and everything else focus

By doing this, you don't have to get a Frozen heart. So you can get a Ryl'ais scepter instead, or I don,t know if you have another idea.

*I prefer to go static Cooldown instead of perlevel because my main is Annie, hitting the cooldown cap early is nice because Annie shine mid-game.

With that said, I think my final build would be:

1. Deathfire Grasp
2. Zhonya Ring
3. Archangel Staff
4. Boots of swiftness
5. Rylai's scepter
6. Guardian Angel/Void Staff/Banshee Veil

Nitrosol

12-11-2009

Yes, I noticed that a little after posting, forgot to edit it in, either way Frozen Heart still has some nice defensive value.
I'll edit it in soon.

kalris

12-11-2009

Wow thanks for the awesome guide, makes me want to play him even more

Nitrosol

12-11-2009

Edited in more depth into runes, and added a Mastery Guide.

FalcoLombardi

12-11-2009

I never have the money to buy all those items. I usually end each game with a pick, mercury treads/other boots, chalice, and frozen heart. I might have enough for 1 other item if its a long game.

Nitrosol

12-11-2009

Yeah, this guide kind of assumes you've done well during the laning phase.
If you've used time bomb well enough to score a couple of kills, a nice amount of assists, and one shotted back row creeps you should be able to get almost all of those items.

FalcoLombardi

12-11-2009

well, I'm usually like 2-0-8 and I don't have that kind of money. Maybe my games are just ending earlier, they are usually under 40 minutes. Many (non surrender) games seem to end around 35. I should add though, that most of my time bombs seem to end up on enemy champions. Early I don't bomb the creeps at all. I blow up clusters of creep pushes later. Usually I have just under 100 creep kills.

Nitrosol

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcoLombardi View Post
well, I'm usually like 2-0-8 and I don't have that kind of money. Maybe my games are just ending earlier, they are usually under 40 minutes. Many (non surrender) games seem to end around 35. I should add though, that most of my time bombs seem to end up on enemy champions. Early I don't bomb the creeps at all. I blow up clusters of creep pushes later. Usually I have just under 100 creep kills.
If your goal is to hurt a champion, bomb a nearby creep that is going to die, you kill the creep and any nearby ones aswell as bombing the enemy, this is useful because when you bomb an enemy, they can simply walk away from the creeps and any other champions in the lane, it is far more effective but not always reliable.

Nitrosol

12-12-2009

Bump for one of my favourite champions that isn't played enough.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrosol View Post
If your goal is to hurt a champion, bomb a nearby creep that is going to die, you kill the creep and any nearby ones aswell as bombing the enemy, this is useful because when you bomb an enemy, they can simply walk away from the creeps and any other champions in the lane, it is far more effective but not always reliable.
That can have its advantages. Keeping them away from the creep means less gold for them, but if you waste all your bombs like that you won't get much either.