ghostblade before IE FOR YI?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yamers

04-28-2010

HERE is my build order

dorans shield+ health potion
merc threads

now is the question..

i used to go IE next, but now im looking into the ghostblade.

and then maybe IE after ghost blade.

anybody else have other ideas?

anuviel

04-28-2010

Ghostblade before, if you build IE first you will go along time without much damage during mid game,

Hoki

04-28-2010

Not really true, BF sword costs around the same as ghostblade - and you get more damage from it. So it's basically your call wether or not you want to rush IE or get the stats from ghostblade.

Solarious

04-28-2010

Thing is, a Brutalizer into Ghostblade is a much easier buildup than just hoarding gold to buy a BFSword, letting you stay lethal going into the midgame while making farming/lasthitting easier. If you're eventually going to get both anyways, getting a cheaper item with a smaller impact but but comes out much earlier will get you greater dividends earlier in the game. Its always better to be dangerous earlier rather than later. Champions have 6 item slots, don't be afraid to fill them up with components if you can.

yamers

04-28-2010

im having a lot of success with the ghost blade atm.

i really think it's an amazing item for yi especialyl when you pop your ulti+the ghost blade.

thats a **** ton of attack speed.

Dethroy

04-28-2010

IE is awesome on ranged carries as a first item.
But I'd say Ghostblade should be your first choice as a melee.

Voidgolem

04-28-2010

Brutalizer is cheap and easy, Avarice Blade is ****. But also cheap and combines into ghostblade.

So...yeah, go for it.

Dirt Work

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

Personally I think it depends on how an individual match is running. I prefer to go BF sword before anything but my initial lane purchase and boots 1. However, as noted by another poster above, if you cannot farm that hard sum of gold fast enough you kinda gimp your mid game, and that can be awful. So, maybe brutalizer first if your farming is meh, but a BF sword before all else any time your cash flow is right.

TL DR; depends on cash flow. No early ganks/good farming? Brutalizer into GB. Good farm? BF sword nao!

Morinav

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Brutalizer is cheap and easy, Avarice Blade is ****. But also cheap and combines into ghostblade.

So...yeah, go for it.
Avarice is really good now that it builds into something. It's pretty cheap gold per crit, and gives a decent chunk of crit rating. I usually take it as my first non-doran item on Tryndamere.

Brutalizer's also a deceptively huge boost in damage. That armor pen makes a biiiiig difference.

CamYo

04-29-2010

1. avarice blade
2. brutalizer
3. ghostblade
4. boots (1)
5. pickaxe
6. cloak
7. bf sword
8. IE
9. your choice of boots

cleanse and ghost

.. youll pwn so fast with ghost, ultimate and ghostblade.. just try it.. you could even try mobility boots with these.