Leaver mark

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiku

12-10-2009

Was playing in a game that finished at about 6:11am GMT with Cristobal, Sugar, Bluewizard and Taric on my account: Spiku. In the final minute of the game after a push to our central nexus towers, I didn't respawn on my computer. The rest of the team on vent claimed I had spawned. In an effort to fix this and support the team I logged out; by the time I could log in again, the game was over and I was credited my first leaver status.

Given the nature of the event, is it possible to have this stricken? I had no control over the game at that point and was left no real option; I could see everyone else moving around and still fighting, just I had a constantly grey screen with no option to interact; typing did not display as well.

Zulunko

12-10-2009

Riot has said in many other such posts that they are unable to remove leaver marks, even if it is their own fault. Sorry, man; looks like you're out of luck.

Zulunko

Spiku

12-10-2009

Time to make a new account =D

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-10-2009

They really need to have it remove one leaver mark every 100 games or something, I know that TDA implemented a system where every 100 games they would let you leave 1 game prematurely with no consequences if you explained yourself.

Also, I'm pretty sure Riot does have the power to remove "Leaves" they just don't want to worry about such a minor thing. I've seen them do things to accounts so I'm sure they could do something like that. In fact, it would be very amateurish if they couldn't access the leaver count number.

Spiku

12-10-2009

Pendragon can change his stats, so I'd say that's a big yes that they "could" ;3

Zulunko

12-11-2009

I'm sure they can, but I think when they say "unable" they simply mean they are unwilling to do it for any reason. If they would do it, they would undoubtedly be swamped by many cases which are questionable in nature, just so people could have a few red marks off their profile.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-11-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Actually, we do mean unable. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to do it, but it means taking down the servers to remove your leave. We can change accounts on a global basis during server down time, but not individual statistics in any practical way.

We're working on updating the current system of leaves to better accommodate this situations, but for now this is just how it is. Sorry.

Zak Varylnard

12-11-2009

IF this is the case that the team is adding in a better way to not give leaver marks to people who do not deserve it than will the leaver marks that we have unfairly earned before this system go away?
As I too have suffered an event yesterday when my team was going to win no matter what (which the next day my friends were so kind to tell me how we won) and my internet decided to die on me and no matter how many times i tried to reconnect I was unable to finally the game said I couldnt as the round had ended. Giving me my first leave mark which I would love if it was gone.

*edit* Game was around 10-10:40 (not certain exactly when) on Dec 10th. My two friends were seanzilla and kenny541. I was playing as Kassadin it was all three of us last game for the night due to school. Not sure if this info helps at all but there it is.

CATAHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

Where can i see if i have a leaver mark? 1 Leave means leaver mark?