Hey Riot, found a bug for ya

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorchek

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attero View Post
And what if spaces are considered when checking for a unique name? It is also quite amusing that those of us without your self proclaimed genius managed to figure out that names with spaces must be enclosed in quotes. It is also interesting that someone with pure intelligence pouring out of their ears couldn't realize that implementing their suggestion would be a bad thing.

Now, this is a very simple issue of consistency that anyone with any sort of experience or understanding in programming can figure out. Why would they not want to make ignore not require quotes for names with spaces? Lets see if you can figure this out.

Terrible comparison considering art is subjective so saying you can factually do anything better than anyone else is ignorant.

To the point: There are dozens of people like yourself who think they're so smart because they are in school to do something, and most of them have serious issues with overestimating their worth.

Now: Requiring quotes around names with spaces is intended, and changing it would be counter intuitive. Do you think you can figure out why smart guy?
tl;dr: all I heard was "mad"

actually, I did read it, and it pretty much confirmed that you mad.

Attero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorchek View Post
tl;dr: all I heard was "mad"
Aww. Looks like smart guy can't figure it out.
Not surprising.
Looks like that education of yours isn't working too well for you.

Arkadiann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorchek View Post
No I didn't, but that's pretty unintuitive. I don't believe you have to use underscores to mute someone with spaces. I think it would have worked had that Lux not been in the game as well.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, quotes might have worked. I still don't think quotes or underscores are necessary under normal circumstances, but I can't be sure.
Clearly not a computer science major if you think trying underscores is unintuitive, coming from a seasoned software engineer

Attero

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadiann View Post
Clearly not a computer science major if you think trying underscores is unintuitive, coming from a seasoned software engineer
Don't forget quotes.

Xetvenen

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attero View Post
Why do people take a post that could have otherwise been fine and insist on throwing in something that makes them sound like a gigantic ****** bag?

it's called an e-peen...

people love to stroke them...