RIOT, you getting all this ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

binch

11-16-2010

I've seen Irelia carry and fail pretty hard today. She's much like Yi in this sense.

As a Rammus main, I will say that she can handle Taunt + DBC abuse much better than Yi.

Kasiski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
Her R is possibly the greatest greatest ultimate in the game for a melee based champion. I urge you to reconsider your stance and feel her out a bit more. She was 6300 for a reason...it will take some time to get the good stuff out of her.
Agreed.

It kills runners
It clears full creep waves
It acts as pretty much a full heal
It scales on whatever you decide to build
It hits EVERYTHING it passes through
<30 second cooldown

Selliria

11-16-2010

Just answer me one question: Why did you spend 6300 IP before you were able to test her?

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by voinescus46 View Post
This is not the first post of someone who feels like they've just wasted 6300 lp.

I'm just trying to offer solutions to what seems is bothering most of the community.

Now you know not to blindly purchase things you don't know anything about, because they may turn out different than expected. This is also known as common sense.

Also, there's less than zero indication that this is "bothering most of the community." Stop making things up.

Ganjii

11-16-2010

She just came out today ffs. Give her a chance and quit qq'ing before you've had enough plays under your belt with her too ultimately make a decision.

Gorchek

11-16-2010

Was pretty obvious her R was awful from the champion spotlight

took 3 blades to kill MF when she had about <10% health left.

shrewz

11-16-2010

Her 'R' is the only lackluster ability... everything seems great to me..

My first 4 games with her...

4-1
9-3
14-7
13-6

I figured out early in the 2nd game that sheen is a must have on her.. Q'ing a target auto-pops sheen effect and hits immediately. She will not be the end-game supercarry people thought she was going to be, but she is very very effective early and mid game.

Handbananna

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post
Lololol more low ELO players complaining about Irelia when she just came out.

Play around with builds bro.

Not just item builds, runes and masteries too.

It boils down to

"Omg I can't do good with this hero so she must be terrible, because the problem could in no way be related to how im playing her"

MoarYogurt

11-16-2010

This is the problem with a brittle melee character that survives on life steal and CC immunity. You have to do math in your head as you go to make sure you can tank out the burst and SCHEISSE on them.

She is 6300 for a reason.

Kasiski

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorchek View Post
Was pretty obvious her R was awful from the champion spotlight

took 3 blades to kill MF when she had about <10% health left.
The R isn't supposed to be a single target "omgwtfbbq" style nuke. It can be used while attacking/chasing/running away without stopping. It also functions as a cone style aoe (similar to Sivir's boomerang but without the return trip).

If used on a creep wave or several enemy champs it can also heal quite a bit.

Even so, if you add together the 4 blades it does damage similar to Lux's laser (though admittedly with a much shorter range) with a slightly shorter cooldown and the above mentioned aspects.