Riot :(. Why can't I ever play with my friends ?? :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BountyHunterSAx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2013

Seriously, it's getting exhausting. I've finally, *finally* managed to convince a few of the gaming group I chill with to play some PvP lol instead of Co-Ops only. Freljord event was a great incentive. . .

My win-rate in SoloQ is about 55-65%. I win more than I lose, but not by a lot. I tend to get matched with Bronze II-I to Silver II level players in general. VERY rare to see anything beyond that. And it works out great. Some of my friends' experience is the same.

But whenever we queue up together? It is *rare* to have a game without some, 1000-2000win, gold leaguer+ who just DESTROYS whomever he is laning against. Seriously, it's like I'm so excited to finally have the chance to show-off my Alistar/Vlad/Malphite skills and then . . . "Hi, since you guys are a team, we've decided to match you against a non-group of SoloQ'ers you can't possibly hope to defeat. Hope you have no fun!"

I understand how in theory . . . in theory... IN THEORY our improved communication could give us an advantage. But if you think it's an 800-ELO advantage, you're friggin' high. I get that "l2p noob" could potentially allow me to carry-harder. But I'm just looking to play and have some fun . . . not try to quadruple my talents so that I can "hyper-carry" to overcome what in any other game would be considered a bug in the matchmaker.

Here's an idea: Instead of upping our enemies' difficulty level, just insist on waiting for an appropriately-skilled duo/triple queue to balance it out. Hell, give the user the option: "Wait up to X minutes in matchmaker for a fair match" instead of the default "wait 30seconds before giving up".

-AHMAD

Ender W1gg1n

05-20-2013

Maybe the problem is that you automatically think that you need to win to have fun. Or more accurately, losing automatically means no-fun.

50% of players in a game will lose. True story.

Ralfazar

05-20-2013

Play ARAM or Dominion, there is more then just Summoners Rift.

Gods Grunt

05-20-2013

dominion is way more fun then SR ever will.

thefifeman

05-20-2013

I think the problem you are running into is a group of players who have one low elo account, possibly a smurf, grouped with the high elo's. This drops the overall estimated talent of the group, and they get matched with you guys.
I had something like this in one of my previous games. Didn't know the elo of the guys, but two of them each had more won games than the five of us combined. The matchmaking system can be gotten around, but it's for-the-most-part rare.
Btw, I have very little experience in ranked, and have not encountered this phenomenon there.

BountyHunterSAx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2013

-@Ender:

I don't 'need to win to have fun', that's stupid. But I do need to feel like I was given a fair fight. Let's speculate - just hypothetically, yeah? That every time you queue'd up, your client *regularly* placed you against Diamond League players, but paired you with Bronze/Silver league players.

Maybe ... *maybe* it'd be fun one time. Or two times. The challenge of being up against truly superior players and being obliterated by a level of skill that you just couldn't touch. But after a while? Your 10-20% win-rate would start to grate on you. The fact that your games were over in the first 5-6 minutes and the next 30-40 (since your team rarely chose surrender) were just watching that tiny string of hope for victory get cut more and more.

It's not that I can't enjoy a good game that I lost. It's that severe skill mismatches are *not* good games.

-AHMAD

BountyHunterSAx

05-20-2013

@Ralfazar:

I'm. . .. I'm very very confused. Your response is like syaing: "Play Starcraft 2! You don't need to play League. Or Guild Wars for that matter, I hear it's much better about letting you play with your friends."

I know I can play *those* games, but those games aren't *this* game. And THIS game is *intentionally* being unfairly matchmaker'd whenever I queue up with friends. THIS game has the problem, and it's THIS problem I want fixed.

Maybe Dominion and ARAM fix this somehow. But ARAM has consistently been an un-fun, frustrating experience for me, and Dominion is far less engaging than SR.

-AHMAD

BigPatches

05-20-2013

You and your team probably just suck the D

zeroempathy

05-20-2013

I kinda feel bad when I play my level 7 account with a friend thats new to the game.

Rehis

05-20-2013

You ma--

Goddamnit.