Do I deserve a ban?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JinseiZetsumei

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmnFshn View Post
How is it so hard for a summoner to improve their behavior? It's not hard, it's not hard not to be an ass, and don't sit there and say that it is, because if it is hard for someone to keep their fingers from writing passive aggressive or just blatantly aggressive messages towards other people you play with, then holy balls.

You raise some good points though, improvement should be taken into consideration, but if someone told me to stop being such a jerk, of course I would stop being a jerk. It's not hard, just don't write anything, communicate with pings, try to be helpful and not point out stupidity of your team's mistakes.

But I guess I have to acknowledge that this game in general has a playerbase who never thinks anything is ever their fault and refuse from trying to improve their behavior, so I guess I should raise my hat to all those who do want to improve. But it shouldn't be that hard...
I can understand that point of view. I can even agree that it would seem very hard to understand how someone types out something in anger. It is a conscious choice to type something, you have to do more than just open your mouth. Yelling at someone comes easy when its in the moment, typing should require more thought and give time to cool down.

I can also see it from a different side. Perhaps its a compulsive action by our counterparts, something that isn't so easily controlled. I don't really understand it myself, I just know it happens. Should they be warned and banned for the behavior? Absolutely. I won't argue with you there either.

I'm just very curious as to whether or not the tribunal system already accounts for improved behavior, or if it is something that we should even consider as a whole. I wish I had the time and ability to pick Lyte and anyone else who works on the tribunals' brains about how it all works and why it is the way it is.

Kirin

05-20-2013

Quote:
Ok I agree with you. Last time I got a two week ban too and was extremely cautious after for a while. But then I got back to being a bit toxic (but not as bad...). I think the issue is I want to stay non-toxic permanently. Should I mute/ignore people and just ping as communication throughout the whole game? But there's a lot of communication that can't be done with just pings such as baron/drag timer, etc. What do you "non-toxic" people do?? Gimme some help.
That's one option. Personally I just think about what I want to say and then type it out if it isn't offensive. But I never step beyond the occasional passive aggressiveness so I'm not sure it would work for you.

TheVeteranEX

05-20-2013

No one ever deserves a ban. the things people have to go through while banned...most of us know what these are. Hell,Riot should just restrict the toxic players chats or set their match making queue to players at their level. its not fair that we have to stick with them and be framed as the bad guys when really we were the innocent ones. bans are just stupid.seriously Riot makes us buy all these RP draining our wallets. then a following permaban gets issued on us just because we won an argument,didn't say anything in the chat at all or said 'GG Easy'? what's happened to Riot,or the Tribunal,the whole Community for gods sake. if this keeps up less people will play the damn game because of all the childish players with immature states of mind. if everyone gets banned and no one plays,then what will Riot have left? Bans should be banned. no one deserves a ban. everyone deserves chances. reported and found a toxic player? sew their mouths shut so they cant cry and complain. set them at the back of the line so they get on the ride last. you know what i mean. seperate the good players from the bad players. stop mixing them up. don't ever let the innocent suffer again.

Terrog

05-20-2013

how do others actions have anything to do with this? enjoy your ban

Terrog

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeteranEX View Post
No one ever deserves a ban. the things people have to go through while banned...most of us know what these are. Hell,Riot should just restrict the toxic players chats or set their match making queue to players at their level. its not fair that we have to stick with them and be framed as the bad guys when really we were the innocent ones. bans are just stupid.seriously Riot makes us buy all these RP draining our wallets. then a following permaban gets issued on us just because we won an argument,didn't say anything in the chat at all or said 'GG Easy'? what's happened to Riot,or the Tribunal,the whole Community for gods sake. if this keeps up less people will play the damn game because of all the childish players with immature states of mind. if everyone gets banned and no one plays,then what will Riot have left? Bans should be banned. no one deserves a ban. everyone deserves chances. reported and found a toxic player? sew their mouths shut so they cant cry and complain. set them at the back of the line so they get on the ride last. you know what i mean. seperate the good players from the bad players. stop mixing them up. don't ever let the innocent suffer again.
yay tribunal! look up innocent. might clear up you confusion