Do I deserve a ban?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Funkdamental

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Call Wall Hax View Post
game 1:to start you were not to bad but as it got further in and kennen was feeding you could see that flood gate burst wide open.
game 2: seems more like premade hate on you then anything else
game 3: third game the swearing was more of a playful banter and not really offensive or targeted
game 4: Not great a bit of a down on someone doing bad but nothing report worthy
game 5: last game you spammed way to much which would make a spam report valid in my eyes.

For me i would not have banned. BUT Lyte has said that if you went there it was for more then just the report card. Which means you were probably toxic in other games. That and tribunal will ban for small infractions cos they younger players and not raised back in the day with good old gaming when there was no report button. Only a harden the fudge up button
5th game I was playing with 2 friends trying to imitate "Demacian noobs" in youtube. Check it out it's hilarious. Wasnt using skype so I just stated my playful talking in chat. My friends enjoyed it. The other two anonymous players not so much.

And thanks for your statement.

AmnFshn

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinseiZetsumei View Post
You do actually have a legitimate argument here. I don't think there is a way for riot to know that you have slightly improved your behavior. I think they assume that you will one day just do a 180 and be the model summoner. I could be wrong on this perception but I've seen no evidence of the contrary.

Just keep in mind that there are a lot of reviewers in the tribunal who will hit punish for just one infraction of the summoners code and try your best to not get reported again. I wish I had less frustrating advice.
It's not a legitimate argument. You are always, in real life and games where teamwork is necessary, to act politely, be nice, cause as minimal harm as you can, be good towards yourself and others, don't be rude and a major a$$hole. That is what should be expected of people's behaviour, and if you act like an a$$, then there are consequences, in real life and in this game.

You are not meant to be a model summoner, but you aren't meant to be a dick either. You can't blame your bad behavior on '' it's just me, as if I could act better from two weeks of ban, as if I could change '' no, that's just bull and a bad argument.

Forte Escape

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmnFshn View Post
It's not a legitimate argument. You are always, in real life and games where teamwork is necessary, to act politely, be nice, cause as minimal harm as you can, be good towards yourself and others, don't be rude and a major a$$hole. That is what should be expected of people's behaviour, and if you act like an a$$, then there are consequences, in real life and in this game.

You are not meant to be a model summoner, but you aren't meant to be a dick either. You can't blame your bad behavior on '' it's just me, as if I could act better from two weeks of ban, as if I could change '' no, that's just bull and a bad argument.
I think what you fail to understand is that a lot of players in LoL have toxicity as a habit. Habits aren't easy to erase. You sound like you haven't met an a$$ before. You can't expect everyone out there to be the nice, prince/princess kind of person. Yes you're right people should generally be polite and cause minimal harm. But people who have a habit of being an a$$, you can't expect a "next day, 360 degree" change. Baby steps EXCELLENT . 1 second change I don't think it's even possible.

JinseiZetsumei

05-19-2013

Quote:

If summoner A is warned for acting toxic and then improves his behavior by (arbitrary numbers incoming) 30% and is then banned for 2 weeks, what message does that send to the summoner who tried to improve? It's too easy to just say, forget them, they broke the code.

I think there is cause for discussion and consideration of the fact that players will work on their behavior and they should not be expected to do a 180 after one or more warnings.

For all I know there is a system like this already, I don't know the inner workings of the tribunal but I feel that in my scenario we risk sending the wrong message to players who are actively trying to improve. With that said I'd have absolutely no idea how you could implement something like that into the tribunal or if it happens enough to warrant concern.

I'm a little unsure of how you came to the conclusion that I said there should be no consequences what so ever of the negative actions of a player.

AmnFshn

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Arcknight View Post
I think what you fail to understand is that a lot of players in LoL have toxicity as a habit. Habits aren't easy to erase. You sound like you haven't met an a$$ before. You can't expect everyone to be the nice, prince/princess kind of person. Yes you're right people should generally be polite and cause minimal harm. But people who are just like these, you can't expect a "next day, 360" change. Baby steps EXCELLENT . 1 second change I don't think it's even possible.
So you're going to allow toxicity because it's a habit? You're going to let people be irrationally angry and act like an ass because it's... a habit? Lmao. Then if you are going to be toxic, and you admit that it's a habit of yours, then you shouldn't whine when you get banned. Are you saying that being nice isn't something that should be expected from people? I expect it, because it's the right thing to do, there's nothing right about being an ass. And lmao I meet asses all the time in LoL, and that's why I report them, hoping that when we play together the next time, they know how to act civil and not went their frustation and anger on me, thus making my time worse.

If you think that uncontrollable anger towards video games is part of you that determines your personality and that you can't change, it's time to get some help, there's nothing else to it. Or then you just accept it and not cry when you get banned or wonder if you deserved it, because you did.

Forte Escape

05-20-2013

Quote:
So you're going to allow toxicity because it's a habit? You're going to let people be irrationally angry and act like an ass because it's... a habit? Lmao. Then if you are going to be toxic, and you admit that it's a habit of yours, then you shouldn't whine when you get banned. Are you saying that being nice isn't something that should be expected from people? I expect it, because it's the right thing to do, there's nothing right about being an ass. And lmao I meet asses all the time in LoL, and that's why I report them, hoping that when we play together the next time, they know how to act civil and not went their frustation and anger on me, thus making my time worse.

If you think that uncontrollable anger towards video games is part of you that determines your personality and that you can't change, it's time to get some help, there's nothing else to it. Or then you just accept it and not cry when you get banned or wonder if you deserved it, because you did.
Right now the tone of your message shows you're closer to being more toxic than this fellow player who just got banned.

And the uncontrollable anger towards video games, the irony.

And you're obviously not getting the message here. We're talking about improvements that gets rid of habits, which Riot should consider more. Not "hey don't cry if you get banned" kind of unnecessary statements.

Tenmar

05-20-2013

Quote:

Really? Cause last I checked my job that involves ensuring that patients actually get the insurance that THEY PAY FOR requires me to be as toxic of a human being as possible.

Because if I'm NOT toxic the patients can pretty much look forward to paying only about 3000-5000 dollars worth of care on their own. Sorry Johnny, you'll just have to grow up with missing teeth and it will hurt whenever you eat for the rest of your life.

So yes, being a dick is actually a good thing and I'll tell ya one thing that there is a need for people to be dicks in this world. I'm sorry but we do live in a society where you CANNOT oppress your morals and standards upon others and the big flaw with tribunal is that the main reason people just abuse that report function is that they simply apply their own morals and standards as justification to report other players.

Dervux

05-20-2013

Be more mature. Why are you even using that kind of language? Swearing does not make you cool.

AmnFshn

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinseiZetsumei View Post
If summoner A is warned for acting toxic and then improves his behavior by (arbitrary numbers incoming) 30% and is then banned for 2 weeks, what message does that send to the summoner who tried to improve? It's too easy to just say, forget them, they broke the code.

I think there is cause for discussion and consideration of the fact that players will work on their behavior and they should not be expected to do a 180 after one or more warnings.

For all I know there is a system like this already, I don't know the inner workings of the tribunal but I feel that in my scenario we risk sending the wrong message to players who are actively trying to improve. With that said I'd have absolutely no idea how you could implement something like that into the tribunal or if it happens enough to warrant concern.

I'm a little unsure of how you came to the conclusion that I said there should be no consequences what so ever of the negative actions of a player.
How is it so hard for a summoner to improve their behavior? It's not hard, it's not hard not to be an ass, and don't sit there and say that it is, because if it is hard for someone to keep their fingers from writing passive aggressive or just blatantly aggressive messages towards other people you play with, then holy balls.

You raise some good points though, improvement should be taken into consideration, but if someone told me to stop being such a jerk, of course I would stop being a jerk. It's not hard, just don't write anything, communicate with pings, try to be helpful and not point out stupidity of your team's mistakes.

But I guess I have to acknowledge that this game in general has a playerbase who never thinks anything is ever their fault and refuse from trying to improve their behavior, so I guess I should raise my hat to all those who do want to improve. But it shouldn't be that hard...

AmnFshn

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Really? Cause last I checked my job that involves ensuring that patients actually get the insurance that THEY PAY FOR requires me to be as toxic of a human being as possible.

Because if I'm NOT toxic the patients can pretty much look forward to paying only about 3000-5000 dollars worth of care on their own. Sorry Johnny, you'll just have to grow up with missing teeth and it will hurt whenever you eat for the rest of your life.

So yes, being a dick is actually a good thing and I'll tell ya one thing that there is a need for people to be dicks in this world. I'm sorry but we do live in a society where you CANNOT oppress your morals and standards upon others and the big flaw with tribunal is that the main reason people just abuse that report function is that they simply apply their own morals and standards as justification to report other players.
How does being a dick in this game help you? I acknowledge that in real life there are times that in order to survive, you hafta be an ass. But being an ass in this game never brings anything positive lmao. It's not about surviving, it's just abount blatantly being an ass lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Arcknight View Post
Right now the tone of your message shows you're closer to being more toxic than this fellow player who just got banned.

And the uncontrollable anger towards video games, the irony.

And you're obviously not getting the message here. We're talking about improvements that gets rid of habits, which Riot should consider more. Not "hey don't cry if you get banned" kind of unnecessary statements.
Uncontrollable anger towards video games? How about uncontrollable annoyance and frustration over towards not understanding that being a dick is totally controllable UNLESS you have anger issues, or some other shady things in your past, or testosterone but if you gonna blame ur hormones then lmao.