Do I deserve a ban?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Funkdamental

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinseiZetsumei View Post
A two week ban? Did you not receive a warning before it got to the point of being banned? Usually I just see people get warnings after judge a case, if you did get a warning then this isn't the first and only game that you've been toxic in.
Yes this isn't the first. I was actually very, very toxic before till I got my first two week ban. Then I calmed a bit for a while and then I got toxic again (but definitely not as much; usually only reacting to the toxicity of other players with toxic statements). Even slight improvements aren't good enough for Riot i guess :/ Luckily no permaban and just another 2 week ban again.

LegendOfDragoon

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkdamental View Post
Does being toxic in one game justify a 2 week ban? The other games i was barely being toxic. People were more toxic towards me.
"I did it, but they did it worse", is not an excuse, it may seem justifiable at the time, but it doesn't give you the right to sink to their level.

Forte Escape

05-19-2013

I am kind of on your side..
In your first game people reported you because you were "feeding" (and yet you had the highest ratio) and blamed your build 0.o
Second game you were just playing a bit bad and was getting harassed by Morde pretty badly.
Third game you got reported in an ARAM game and you didn't really say anything bad at all.
Fourth game was just like the second game; you were getting harassed a lot.
Fifth game, you were just having fun in chat but didn't say anything bad. And you went 35/9 as Jarvan
You seemed okay to me. Definitely not the worst I have seen.
I think the problem are the children who vote in tribunal...

Captain Jax

05-19-2013

My first account was perma-banned, and I believe I didn't deserve it. That's what everyone says, I know, but whatever it's true. Anyway, coming from someone who has been through what you're going through right now my advice is simple. Only communicate when it benefits the team. Use chat and pings to effectively get your point across and nothing else. If someone is being negative just keep quiet and report them after the game.

Another option is to play with a friend or two and use voice chat. This way you can forget about random players being negative and bring on the fun times with good friends.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck! I know the pain of getting suspended/banned and feeling like it's undeserved, but I also know how to go about becoming a positive influence in the community. It's a slow process but eventually you will look back and wonder why you ever even acted the way you did. Have fun out there and remember that you're playing a game, focus on the positive experiences and let go of the negative ones. See you on the fields!

JinseiZetsumei

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkdamental View Post
Yes this isn't the first. I was actually very, very toxic before till I got my first two week ban. Then I calmed a bit for a while and then I got toxic again (but definitely not as much; usually only reacting to the toxicity of other players with toxic statements). Even slight improvements aren't good enough for Riot i guess :/ Luckily no permaban and just another 2 week ban again.
You do actually have a legitimate argument here. I don't think there is a way for riot to know that you have slightly improved your behavior. I think they assume that you will one day just do a 180 and be the model summoner. I could be wrong on this perception but I've seen no evidence of the contrary.

Just keep in mind that there are a lot of reviewers in the tribunal who will hit punish for just one infraction of the summoners code and try your best to not get reported again. I wish I had less frustrating advice.

lilikitten

05-19-2013

yes, it doesnt matter if people where toxic to you. leave them and keep playing.

Funkdamental

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinseiZetsumei View Post
You do actually have a legitimate argument here. I don't think there is a way for riot to know that you have slightly improved your behavior. I think they assume that you will one day just do a 180 and be the model summoner. I could be wrong on this perception but I've seen no evidence of the contrary.

Just keep in mind that there are a lot of reviewers in the tribunal who will hit punish for just one infraction of the summoners code and try your best to not get reported again. I wish I had less frustrating advice.
Haha thanks for agreeing with me. That brings a bit less frustration inside of me. Maybe I should reach Riot's expectation and try the 180 switch if possible. As a Diamond player too, I should really try to be a role model. Thanks anyhow. It's not like I can get a ban reverted (I wish Riot would tho T.T)

Booker DeWitt

05-19-2013

game 1:to start you were not to bad but as it got further in and kennen was feeding you could see that flood gate burst wide open.
game 2: seems more like premade hate on you then anything else
game 3: third game the swearing was more of a playful banter and not really offensive or targeted
game 4: Not great a bit of a down on someone doing bad but nothing report worthy
game 5: last game you spammed way to much which would make a spam report valid in my eyes.

For me i would not have banned. BUT Lyte has said that if you went there it was for more then just the report card. Which means you were probably toxic in other games. That and tribunal will ban for small infractions cos they younger players and not raised back in the day with good old gaming when there was no report button. Only a harden the fudge up button

AmnFshn

05-19-2013

Instead of wondering if you deserved your ban or not, how about wondering how I can prevent future bans from happening. Whilst I don't actually agree with 2 week ban, you said that you've been banned before, thus why I think you deserve to be banned again if you didn't learn to be nice. You still vent your anger towards other players in your team and point out their stupid plays, instead of giving advice. And you get defensive when someone blames you for feeding or so, instead of just laughing it off.

Tyrannus0

05-19-2013

Honestly, the first game was fairly blatant. The other games though, no, I'd play with you. Hell, I thought you were funny with Jarvan. But what have you done before that yo ugot reported?