Would you go to a nerd bar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Berivik

05-20-2013

I would go to a video game themed bar, I mean lets be honest, video games aren't the sole domain of nerds now and I think its reasonable to expect that a large part of the population would go to a video game bar. Also showing video game tourney's like other bars show footy games is a neat concept.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2013

yeah and I dont even drink alcohol.

Brightinly

05-20-2013

I will give you some advice for that.

Someone tried to do something like that were I live, the consoles were easy to reach and, while the games were not, people still managed to steal them.

They also had these things to lock the controllers to the console and they still managed to steal them.

If you are going to do it, you better be prepared to get some security to cover that. Because that kind of horrible security destroyed the place in a matter of months. (would have been sooner, but the other non-videogame content in the place kept it alive more than it should have)

redrobin3

05-20-2013

I think the term nerd is severely outdated. I mean we're using terms like epic and lol out in the open now. Gaming culture is part of pop culture now. With that said, just be cool about how you maintain the bar as far as advertising for it and you're golden.

Dewtrocity

05-20-2013

It's a lot like a PC bang just more based around tournaments and stuff, for example look at this place in China that Chaox went to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5pTUyWrZEc

Awesome right? You could do that but host tournaments and have consoles too, would be really cool to be honest. Now that being said, PC bangs aren't as popular here, however as I said, host tournaments and people might come, I can't guarantee it though.