Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you go to a nerd bar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashlea

05-19-2013

yes

Ender W1gg1n

05-19-2013

Quote:
Elbryann:
I do not know what a LAN bar is. I have never heard of one.

It's an internet cafe that serves alcohol.

You can find them in just about any major city outside of the United States. And the reason why internet cafes are popular outside of the United States is because computers and reliably fast broadband to the home is typically expensive, given the relative cost-of-goods vs income.

You should at least know the basic things about your business that you can look up on Wikipedia, before you consider starting one.

LightEntite

05-19-2013

If you had some you cool regulars who bathe, groom themselves and aren't overall awkward n sht

I'd frequent it really. Nothing better than meeting people then running sets in fighting games / league conversation / whatever

Visura7

Recruiter

05-19-2013

If you are in a city big enough it can very easily work.

Jenshus

05-19-2013

I would, though unless you're in a big city, I don't think you'd get enough business to stay open. You'd do well in a city like Portland for an example.. but something like a small town in a small state? Not so much.

Immortal Senic

05-19-2013

I wouldnt try to make it into a sports bar a better idea is a tech-ie and use wired key boards and mice and let people play games but have the pc locked up and safe from drinks. Also work hold your own inhouse tournys for tab cash or if they are big enuff purse based on #the of teams. Having other stuff like pool tables,shuffle board,hourse shoe,bags on the patio if you can support the room.

MrSnitches

05-19-2013

It would work... Until all the drunk ass fools start breaking all your ****. Which would happen a lot, unless you have security watching every game station.

abaris eiwar

05-19-2013

It would do well in almost any college town. I wouldn't necessarily go for gaming consoles or anything like that, but a bar that televises stuff like League or Starcraft tournaments would be awesome. You could have like gaming trivia and contests or maybe like host small league tournaments with a leaderboard in the bar. I would definitely hang out at a place like that, my local bar gets way too ******y during the sports seasons.

Guiotine

05-20-2013

Hey, OP, just for kicks, you might want to check this out (http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/). It's a Tumblr blog called the Dunken Moogle, they often post alcoholic beverages based on video games, and how to make them. Of course, you may or may not be able to use the exact drinks, but it is still somewhat relevant nonetheless.

Tigernmas

05-20-2013

A lot of states have laws against games in bars, back from the pinball era.

I know these guys in Vancouver B.C. did it but they caught hell from the local laws because of those laws. http://www.expbar.ca/

Best of luck to you sir!