Losing LP for Queue Dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taylor Swift Irl

05-19-2013

The removal of the LP penalty was one of the best ranked changes ever when it happened a while back. It was nice to avoid toxic players without losing LP or being able to remove yourself from argument that has no chance of being resolved. Also, the client isn't particularly reliable and games can crash during champion select. The latter actually just occurred where my game client crashed and I lost minimal LP but it is more the principle of losing LP to error that isn't my fault.

Overall, it's highly frustrating being forced to play with trolls in select or lose LP immediately... This issue was corrected, but by bringing back the LP penalty I feel as if ranked games have reverted to a very frustrating process. I shouldn't be forced to lose LP because a toxic player was grouped with me.

I am sure it was brought back as it exploited if their is no penalty as in players can avoid all but the optimal of situations or other reasons but no system is perfect. I feel it is better to allow groups to avoid troll players versus shutting down the limited number of exploiters. I see many trolls and I would much rather dodge, unfortunately I feel I no longer have that option.

TL;DR: The LP penalty for dodging prevents avoiding champion select trolls.

FinalHP

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Swift Irl View Post
The removal of the LP penalty was one of the best ranked changes ever when it happened a while back. It was nice to avoid toxic players without losing LP or being able to remove yourself from argument that has no chance of being resolved. Also, the client isn't particularly reliable and games can crash during champion select. The latter actually just occurred where my game client crashed and I lost minimal LP but it is more the principle of losing LP to error that isn't my fault.

Overall, it's highly frustrating being forced to play with trolls in select or lose LP immediately... This issue was corrected, but by bringing back the LP penalty I feel as if ranked games have reverted to a very frustrating process. I shouldn't be forced to lose LP because a toxic player was grouped with me.

I am sure it was brought back as it exploited if their is no penalty as in players can avoid all but the optimal of situations or other reasons but no system is perfect. I feel it is better to allow groups to avoid troll players versus shutting down the limited number of exploiters. I see many trolls and I would much rather dodge, unfortunately I feel I no longer have that option.

TL;DR: The LP penalty for dodging prevents avoiding champion select trolls.
Not really. If you believe that your game is going to be filled with trolls, it is still a good idea to dodge. All the penalty really does is reduce the amount of times people dodge simply because they did not get their champion of they think that their team might not be as good.

People still dodge to avoid trolls.

7S Smurfy

05-20-2013

But when you dodge to dodge a troll game that you know is going no where because you have that troll player on your team should you really be penalized for something like that?
For instant You have a rumble that says I'm go jungle with smite and revive. Should i really be penalized for dodging? or suck it up and lose the 20lp and just report him at the end?

SweetLadyPropane

05-20-2013

don't dodge

7S Smurfy

05-20-2013

So just lose the game and lose even more lp? You can not MAKE people cooperate

TheLittlestLulu

05-20-2013

Riot apparently thinks punishing people for dodging someone who says they are going to intentionally feed the game is ok.

justJoekingg

05-20-2013

I'd like to reply with "if you dodge you're guaranteed to lose LP" where-as if you don't dodge and you play the game, there's actually a chance your team will win, no matter how small the odds are, the odds aren't guaranteed you'll lose the game...
I'd LIKE to say that. Realistically I just dodge because I can't stand wasting time in games that are clear losses.

7S Smurfy

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBuwu View Post
Riot apparently thinks punishing people for dodging someone who says they are going to intentionally feed the game is ok.
Exactly and thats not fair. Riot believes i should suck it up and play with the feeder anyway knowing the outcome of the game. No im not psychic but i believe we all no when something is not gonna work and someone is not being a team player. Suck it up lose 20lp then report them. i believe the time penatly should just be longer. Not lose lp

redrobin3

05-20-2013

We need to petition to have a report at select screen option. This would basically kick trolls in the nuts. You may lose the lp in the short term but in the long term if the chat log becomes populated with the troll post they might get banned/punished. If there's a silent troll who refuses to switch then the report at the end of the match is the best option in that case.

Taylor Swift Irl

05-20-2013

I agree that the champion select report option would be amazing but at least a short term band-aid we should have the LP penalty removed and just make the requeue time 30 minutes. This was good for dodging trolls and if I'm going to waste 30 minutes I would rather save myself the stress of a losing game.