Why Blue Ezreal is NOT the Real Deal (Math Inside)

12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insentience

05-19-2013

Haha people trying to convince each other the broken build is weak

Meanwhile, almost all Ezreals are going for the blue build nowadays

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2013

Not everything can be explained in math.

Abbendi

05-19-2013

The reason most blues are bad is that they cannot land qs to be able to chain q/e giving rediculous mobility utility and damage (1 ult beginning of a team fight and 1 at the end for clean up.)

Colauder

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuteo View Post
Yes... and if you read the post, I mention that.

Encapsulated points:
1) You're very unlikely to be skilled enough to win solo queue games with 59% less damage than you would have had.
2) 95%+ of the people who play LoL in solo queue are probably not onboard with you when you make this choice.
Blue ezreal has a better chance of coming from behind than normal ezreal, as you have a longer range, and you aren't wasting money on crit when you can't get into the fight. Sorry bro, but you're wrong, please stop trying to tell people it's not a good build. It's a good build, just overrated.

Suzuteo

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Objects View Post
Yes but blue ezreal gets flash on a 5 second cooldown, and Qs on a 0.8~ second cooldown.
See my mobility numbers. You get 9 more movespeed by having 39 CDR and no movespeed bonuses. Yes, it's nice for escaping, but you can kite by clicking away from the enemy and them clicking the enemy for pretty much the same effect. I mean, without Phantom Dancer, most people run faster than you anyway, and I'm sure 6 seconds is too long a wait.

Also, killing people in two-thirds the time means you probably do not need to run away as much.

acually is tolan

05-19-2013

People don't know the real secret to dominating as blue Ez yet.

You rush Bloodthirster after your Tear, then continue with blue items.

You end up with over 350 AD and 39% CDR, in addition to all the on-hit effects.

Maybe Im Dreamin

05-19-2013

tl;dr your point is invalid because your math is correct but your points are not, soz4bad.

Suzuteo

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Dyrus NA View Post
Blue ezreal has a better chance of coming from behind than normal ezreal, as you have a longer range, and you aren't wasting money on crit when you can't get into the fight. Sorry bro, but you're wrong, please stop trying to tell people it's not a good build. It's a good build, just overrated.
READ THE POST. I'm not saying that it's a bad build. I'm saying most players will never realize its potential. People are better off stacking damage and steamrolling with a tank in front of them.

Colauder

05-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuteo View Post
READ THE POST. I'm not saying that it's a bad build. I'm saying most players will never realize its potential. People are better off stacking damage and steamrolling with a tank in front of them.
The average player can't realize the potential of a paper sack and the need to transport a large quantity of canned goods. Ezreal's AA range is far too low to think you can sit behind a tank and just deal damage. Essentially considering Ezreal's Q does not crit, the crit is a waste of money. You bring that a PD will make you more mobile, but when slowed, it's more effective the higher your move speed given percentages. The reason blue ezreal outshines normal ezreal is simply because of the CDR+Q, everything you argue goes back to that point. You aren't wasting money on crit items, and you're a hell of a lot safer because able to poke with Q instead of having to get in range to auto attack while Xin/Akali/Zed/Kha instagib you.

ChromeriaGuile

05-19-2013

The reason people hate blue ezreal is because they find it annoying.

They find it annoying because they chase after his lower damage output and get cut off by the amount of kiting potential he has.

The fix: Ignore Ezreal. He's probably one of the weakest damaging ADC's straight up, no matter what his build is. Blue Ezreal just dampens his DPS more so you can basically flat out ignore him through most of the mid game, assuming your tank has some Armor on himself and knows how to body block.

Once you've killed Ezreal's team, scare him off tower after tower with your manly frontline and take objectives. He can't do much in a 1v5, 1v4 or even 1v3 situation as long as you have some form of hard initiate.

12345612 ... 19