Irelia: Three games in, feelings

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

11-16-2010

After a few games, Irelia is CHRONICALLY underpowered. When I say chronically, I mean BAD.

Check it out yo.

Q: This skill is decent.. Its just a blinkstrike, you can.. Kinda farm with it? Its ok.

W: Irelia's only good skill. 75 true damage is very nice, as is the lifegain.

E: This skill is ****, its range is too short to be useful, its damage is bad, it scales with AP for NO REASON NO FREAKING REASON. Add to the fact that its hard to actually get off on someone and this skill is easily one of the worst in the game, why doesn't this apply the stun/slow as an on hit effect.

R: So. Bad. The numbers on it look good, but don't let that fool you, this skill does nothing. Lategame it barely clears creepwaves, its cooldown feels way too long for what it does. Its also incredibly hard to aim and move effectively at the same time, plus the aoe is tiny and the life.. Is okay?

As for stats and such, they're good. Irelia is good as a 1v1 dueler.. which means she's awful 90% of the time, especially when champs like Master Yi outdamage her, warwick totally outclasses her in every way..

She's an Urgot people, she's a champ that has no role.

But worse, she has a poor early game because she's melee, its not as bad as some others early game, but its not good.

If she farms and buys damage items, she'll do what any other DPS does, its just other DPSes do it better

Personally, I'm building her tanky right now, relying on Hitein style to see me through.

This feels harsh, but I just don't feel useful playing Irelia, there's nothing I'm doing that can't be done better by another champ.

As a sidenote, Irelia feels like a champ that was designed with Magma chamber in mind, in a 1v1 or a 2v2 Irelia is a great deal stronger due to her natural staying power.. Maybe we'll see once Magma chamber comes out?

Babarr

11-16-2010

xin > Irelia

also build her hyrbid, try the standard Corki builds for her, manamune merc treads Tri force, Rageblade could be handy too

Xetvenen

11-16-2010

Are you sure it's Irelia you're talking about?

ulriick

11-16-2010

bump for l8ter.
how is she at relieving form cc?

Shaella

11-16-2010

100% sure. She doesn't feel very powerful

Shaella

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulriick View Post
bump for l8ter.
how is she at relieving form cc?
get merc treads
what cc?

Lord Zaxer

11-16-2010

Sorry dude, but I downvoted you. You cannot judge if a champion is balanced or not three games in.
Make another thread in 200 games and I'll give you the upvote I own you.

Papoose

11-16-2010

I think she is like Master Yi 2.0 but she has a very hard time in the begining
Later on she is a beast but then again so all dps

Aes

11-16-2010

urgot>irelia

xephh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Irelia can rush Goddess Tear pretty good for chain q'ing.

that's all she's got though.

12345 ... 10