What Are Some Top Tier Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishticuffs

12-14-2009

What are some Top-Tier Champions?

I'm asking this not to start a flamewar, but because I'm trying to decide what character I should main and practice with. I realize the importance of playing all the characters, getting to know what you're up against, etc. But what is one character I can practice who will have staying power and not become obsolete if I move up through the matchmaking system? I know Evelynn falls into this category, along with some others. What are some champs I should consider using and sticking with, and what are some I should avoid, to save getting owned when I advance?

I've looked hard and can't find any definite or even somewhat official lists. Do they exist?

tldr; What are some champions should I use if I want my practice to pay off in the long run?

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

Tier lists are based off of tournament data. Without this patch specific data, you can't construct a tier list. End of story. There is no tier list, thus, there are no top-tier champions. What you want to be asking is 'What are the overpowered champions this patch?'

Please, people, stop bringing up tier lists until we actually have data to support them. You can't just mash together the champions in whatever order you feel like they should be and call it a tier list.

Now if you wanted to know who was OP this patch, I could probably help you.

Fishticuffs

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post

Now if you wanted to know who was OP this patch, I could probably help you.

Who would you say is OP but less likely to get nerfed?
I just want my practice to pay off for as long as it can.

JunkRamen

12-14-2009

There have been like 3 threads on this in the past few days. At worst the most recent one is on like, page 2 now. Go look for it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

mmm... the only one we know is getting nerfed is tryn.

twisted fate and alistar are pretty high class and unlikely to get nerfed, atleast not much.

JunkRamen

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
mmm... the only one we know is getting nerfed is tryn.

twisted fate and alistar are pretty high class and unlikely to get nerfed, atleast not much.
TF is getting nerfed... barely. Seriously, why does Gold Card need an AoE component at all? They're being WAY too conservative with him.