Real tanks play children's card games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

12-10-2009

This is going to be a wall of text, deal with it or don't read. I don't care either way. However, this guide is going up simply because Twisted fate is getting nerfed soon and we're gonna need some new builds for him.

To begin, what is it about twisted fate that makes Twitch, Teemo, and Evelynn want us dead? Its our speed and health. Because of this we are the most fun for any good member of the stealthing T's to kill. We need to change that, and this is how.

We become the tank.

Here's the method (this will only cover the skills you get and the items you buy):

Game has begun, what do you do? You get wild card. Don't even try to rely on your gold cards, those will be nerfed soon because every little ***** on the forum couldn't grow a pair and adapt. Now pick up a regrowth pendant. The first thing you need to do is not die early game. When you have as low a health as twisted fate in early game, a regrowth pendant will bring you back in 2 minutes. This is useful because generally you won't get first blooded unless they target you for a gank and you have less than 1/2 hp. With the pendant you'll always be full and you'll always be pushing.

Unfortunately the pendant isn't enough. Go back and get the giant's belt and the ruby crystal, we're warmogging twisted fate.

By level nine you should be warmogging it, which is nice, because at level 9 your wild card will be at level 5 and you can start farming creeps. What's next on your list of items to buy? A catalyst the protector. Why you might ask? BECAUSE YOU'RE ONLY LEVEL 12 when you SHOULD be able to afford it! It gives you an HP boost and a man boost every time you level! And believe it or not, even though we're tanks, we're gonna need some mana.

K, we have a catalyst at level 12, go buy another warmog. Why another warmog? Because we plan on having +2650 health and +180 health regen a second, that's why. You should be pumping level 15-16 when you've gotten your third warmog, so you can get one more item before 18. Sunfire cape.

The armor and health are well accepted, but you're now going to start doing damage to these fools who oppose you. The best way to fight someone who was "designed to be a tank" is to have the upper hand. If a fight between another tank lasts for ten seconds, you've dealt 400 damage to them. If its 30, you've dealt 1200 damage to them. A squishy tries to fight you? Get up close and make them know who's the big dog.

Now, for your fifth item you need to decide if you desperately need mana, or if you are going to become the deadly tank you deserve to be. Buy another warmog or a frozen heart, the choice is yours. If you buy the frozen heart I suggest selling the catalyst to pay for it.

Sixth item (if you make it this far) another Warmog. They SHOULD be punching a brick wall at this point. And nothing freaks an enemy out more than knowing their favorite squishy can now take more hits than their mundo. You could also really freak them out and buy a madred's blood razor by using the catalyst as extra gold. But at this point you won't be using too much mana anymore.

Items in order (ultimates):
Warmog
Relying on mana: Catalyst Not relying on mana: Heart of gold (either way they get sold ultimately)
Warmog
Sunfire cape
Warmog
Warmog
Now sell your second item and buy a Blood razor

(I know most games won't last this long, if they do you know what to do. The heart of gold is also so you can pump gold when you need it)
Now go on to win the game, courage wolf demands it.

Skills in order:

1. Wild 2. Teleport 3. Wild 4. Teleport 5. Wild 6. Reveal 7. Wild 8. teleport 9. wild 10. teleport 11. reveal 12. teleport 13. Pick a card 14. pick a card 15. pick a card 16. reveal 17. pick a card 18. Pick a card

Why is pick a card last when most pro's suggest it first? Because they're nerfing twisted soon and we need to assume the worst. We need to learn to play without our beloved gold card at least until we know the consequence of every noob *****ing has done. Right now we're working on a damage twisted, not an AP twisted. AP twisted players will be left in the dust of the old game before this ragnarok sized patch on our soul.

Runes: All mana regen (use this guide once you hit level 20).
Why: Because Twisted still depends on mana. I may not be promoting mana in this guide, but having it is definitely a nice touch. Mana regen is the way to go unless you want to start looking at a crit chance and really piss the people online off.

Masteries: Make your guy invincible! Utility sounds beautiful. Utility, defense, and attack nicely fused together here. Utility can up your max hp/mana regen, defense can keep you alive, and attack will pound on anyone who gets in your way.

Note: You don't need shoes. You have teleport.

Playing the game:

Early game: Don't die. DON'T DIE! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DYING!

You die once early game its over. They realize you are a weak little fate master and they turn you into pudding. That regrowth pendant though epic will only do so much. Watch yourself out there fox, and use bombs wisely. Don't try to gank early game unless someone sets it up for you, you aren't stunning anymore, remember? Just focus on your warmog.

Mid game (the beginning of the end): Get that warmog and start farming creeps. You'll need that health/regen if you're in the mood to survive. Keep working on your other items as well, it'll all be over soon.

End game: Tanka tanka tanka. You're now a tank, make them feel the wrath of the king of games. Reveal your destiny, pop up in front of a full health twitch AND WIN! You now have around 5k Hit points, enemies should be pissing themselves at the sight of you (ultimately you can have around 8k hit points with about 540 health every 5 seconds ). You are the carry, you are the end.

Why this works:

Remember twitch? No twisted fate player has a REAL counter for him. Why? Because even if you escape his poison will end you. Now you can stand and fight. Get up close with your sunfire cape and burn his whiskers off. You naturally have a high crit chance (woo twisted) USE IT! PUT THE RAT IN THE GRAVE!

I've been using this strategy for a few games now. I've had less deaths (granted less assists as well, but MORE KILLS) than I have had in any other build.

The psych factor: Remember the T trio? They can't scratch you now (maybe teemo, but you can stuff him with cotton and sell him to Annie as a new teddy bear). Twitch has no Poison, Evelynn is out of the bag now that she can't kill you upon first strike. Even Dr. Mundo the massochist above all cannot scratch your cape. BE THE END GAME.

Guide is complete, but revisions may and probably will come.

*eagerly awaits every comment below this to be people calling me an idiot and providing me proof that this would never work without actually trying it* *GLEEE!*

Abbacus

12-10-2009

First and you need a hobby. jk dude, see you in game.

FABIOForever

12-10-2009

Was I the only one who thought PaC was Twisted's LEAST useful ability? Getting stunned is always annoying but good god, whiners, it wasn't THAT overpowering.

As far as tanking TF, why would the other team even bother targeting him once they spot you sporting FOUR warmogs?

Holypope

12-10-2009

although potentially fun, isn't this a non-specific build that you could throw on any non-tank character? Surprising your enemies and turning their past experiences into bad ideas is a fun way to play, but I feel like this guide should be about alt playstyles, not TF.

Another fun (though def not best) alt playstyle:

as twitch or Evelynn, replace all your gear (except for boots) with sunfire capes. They don't break stealth. Just walk into your enemies and watch them burn, whine, and scream about exploits. It's too funny not to try at least once.

Rectal Necrosis

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypope View Post
although potentially fun, isn't this a non-specific build that you could throw on any non-tank character? Surprising your enemies and turning their past experiences into bad ideas is a fun way to play, but I feel like this guide should be about alt playstyles, not TF.

Another fun (though def not best) alt playstyle:

as twitch or Evelynn, replace all your gear (except for boots) with sunfire capes. They don't break stealth. Just walk into your enemies and watch them burn, whine, and scream about exploits. It's too funny not to try at least once.
With how I've been playing PaC can become "use an innocent bunny as a shield that reflects 50% of your damage back to them" for all I care with this build. No one touches a four warmog TF.

Last round I went up against a speed/crit stacked yi with three warmogs and killed him in his base. Screw AP, this is too fun.

It is a "nonspecific build" but when twisted fate gets targetted most by stealthers (we all know this is true), this build works best for him.

spreadfred

12-10-2009

I dont think i would ever put a sunfire cape on someone who has ranged attacks. If you need the sunfire dmg, then you're not using the "ranged" part correctly.

Rectal Necrosis

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadfred View Post
I dont think i would ever put a sunfire cape on someone who has ranged attacks. If you need the sunfire dmg, then you're not using the "ranged" part correctly.
Erp, sounds like someone like to used ranged attacks to fight his battles. Clear and simple: Rat and teemo beat any other ranged character. If you take their range from them they run. Plus its a nice skill to have to kill creeps quickly for your warmogs.

Just won a match 1-0-11 with this build. Anyone who still thinks its not feasible, I'm listening.

wildfire393

12-10-2009

It seems to me that with four warmogs, Atma's Impaler does more damage output than Sunfire Cape does. You'll have around 7000 HP, meaning the Impaler will add 140 damage to each attack, plus a solid chance of critical strike.

Rectal Necrosis

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
It seems to me that with four warmogs, Atma's Impaler does more damage output than Sunfire Cape does. You'll have around 7000 HP, meaning the Impaler will add 140 damage to each attack, plus a solid chance of critical strike.
AI, then I will edit that. Thank you for your opinion.

WAAAAAAAIT a second... that's how you buff cho'gath....

fbiceman

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Erp, sounds like someone like to used ranged attacks to fight his battles. Clear and simple: Rat and teemo beat any other ranged character. If you take their range from them they run. Plus its a nice skill to have to kill creeps quickly for your warmogs.

Just won a match 1-0-11 with this build. Anyone who still thinks its not feasible, I'm listening.
You mean 1-0-10, and ignored the part where you went 2-9-6 the game before.