Range Check

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

I'm not sure on which forum to post this, but I think this is the right one.

We all love the awesome feature of, when holding the mouse over a spell/ability, it shows the range it can be used.

I would like to suggest to extend that: When holding a keyboard key (Q for example) it shows the same area. We can use right mouse clicks to continue walking with the hero, while the area still appears. When we release the key, the spell is activated (thus, allowing us to cast it.)

In the current behavior, the spell is activated when we release the key, so, there won't be any delay if we extend that feature to be active while we hold the key.

Thoughts?

nDqA9g8fm1q3cHRT

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

Allow moving while pressing control as well on vent.

Zoc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

Please, do not change the topic subject.

(Quick offtopic: if you have a mouse with 4 or more buttons, remap scroll lock to one of your mouse buttons and use it to talk on vent. Please, lets not change the topic subject again.)

nDqA9g8fm1q3cHRT

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

It is the subject isn't it? Allow actions when a key is pressed?

What will happen when alistar holds his Q for his stomp? Does it show aoe until the button is released? That means that people have to wait a lot longer for their skill to activate, since they have to keydown, keyup, then it triggers.

Even for normal skills it slows the normal casting of spells. You have to release the key to trigger the crosshairs, and that time can really make a difference when you really need to cast a spell. Also when you try to prevent this by holding the key down earllier, if a skill is in cooldown it will not allow you to press it, saying that it is in cooldown.

You will also learn the aoe for everyone pretty quickly, and even using a spell once gives you a fine idea of how far it can go. If you don't know the aoe just hover the mouse over the skill and memorise it, it isn't that hard.

Zoc

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

Well, after doing a test today, using Alistar, it seems that the spells are activated when you press the key, not when you release it. Thus, the whole point of this threat goes away. (Looks like I was really needing some sleep yesterday, more than I thought...)

The idea was to be able to activate the area check, and being able to move with the mouse right button. When the desired target was inside your spell range, you would be able to cast it easily.