Parrrley Mechanics Guide

12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heat n Serve

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
1337 is simply too high of a price to justify magic penetration on Parrley.
Your missing the point that for that price you get more than just magic pen. And yes, it is my first item, specifically for the regen it gives. I parrrley incredibly often to start the game, and my mana pool is pretty much empty continually for the first 13 minutes of the game.

I won't continue to argue, since you play pirate more intelegently than most. These are minor points of contention between similar play-styles. Continue rocking out with your build, my dear pirate friend.

EDIT: removed false statement about sheen damage.

wildfire393

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwonga View Post
Have you tried Lich Bane and stacking AP items? I did some minor tests and it seemed it didn't do nearly as much as Sheen for some reason.

Could you explain why it doesn't work as well?
Just look at his formulas:

with sheen
[(0.8 * attack + 30*Plvl) * critdmg + attack] * 100/[100 + max(0, resist - spellpen)]

with lichbane
[(0.8 * attack + 30*Plvl) * critdmg + AP] * 100/[100 + max(0, resist - spellpen)]

So if you have Sheen, Infinity Edge, and a Black Cleaver (+160 damage, and let's say his attack damage is 100 at this point), you'll do 80% of 260 plus Parley's 150 plus another 260 from the sheen proc for a total of 618. And your crit (which has a +20% chance of happening) does 1155.
If you have Lichbane, Zhonya's, and a fully charged Rod of Ages, you'll have (80+80+100)*1.25 AP, for 325 AP damage plus 80% of your base 100 damage plus 150 from parley, for a total of 525 damage. And your crit will only do 785 (with a lower chance of happening).

Basically, if you add attack with Sheen, you get 1.8x that applied to Parrrley. And on crit's its 2.6x (3.0x if you have and Infinity Edge).
If you add AP with Lichbane, you get 1x that applied to Parrrley. And on crits, you don't get any bonus on this.

Heat n Serve

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
And on crits, you don't get any bonus on this.
Crits won't apply to sheen damage either, just to clarify that point. Otherwise your analysis though confusing and poorly worded, looks correct. Better to just let people read the equations, they are clear enough as it stands.

Quinnister

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
You also don't need to spend all that money on triforce, imo, since you can just pay for more damage and sheen will continue to scale up accordingly. Also, as you can see, that damage will have crit applied to it, where triforce damage won't crit.
I just want to make sure we're on the same page on this last point.

When you say "Sheen will continue to scale up accordingly," are you saying that Sheen's damage will continue to go up as you add damage? I thought Sheen was only affected by base attack damage, or did I misinterpret what you said?

Heat n Serve

12-14-2009

EDIT: I was wrong on all accounts here. Sheen and Triforce only take into account your base damage without items/runes/masteries/etc. I have since updated the guide to reflect this.

Wildstorm

12-14-2009

Sheen procs your base damage (no items). At 18, it adds around 100 dmg. It scales poorly late game but increases your parlay damage noticeably early on.

Heat n Serve

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildstorm View Post
Sheen procs your base damage (no items). At 18, it adds around 100 dmg. It scales poorly late game but increases your parlay damage noticeably early on.
Oh ****... When I did my tests I didn't include other items with sheen. Thanks for the tip! I will retest in the next day or two and post corrections if need be. When I took actual data from matches I played, my equations seemed to work with items accounted for, but I will double check.

EDIT: Thanks for catching a glaring error on my part, Wildstorm. I have since corrected myself.

jwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
Oh ****... When I did my tests I didn't include other items with sheen. Thanks for the tip! I will retest in the next day or two and post corrections if need be. When I took actual data from matches I played, my equations seemed to work with items accounted for, but I will double check.

EDIT: Thanks for catching a glaring error on my part, Wildstorm. I have since corrected myself.
So does this mean Sheen is only good early/mid game, and that it should be sold later if the game goes on for a long time in favour of another infinity edge or something?

I always thought Sheen used your damage including items.

Quinnister

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwonga View Post
So does this mean Sheen is only good early/mid game, and that it should be sold later if the game goes on for a long time in favour of another infinity edge or something?

I always thought Sheen used your damage including items.
Sheen is still a 100+ damage addition to Parrrley at the cost of 1260. I wouldn't sell it, but then again, I also build it into Trinity Force.

Heat n Serve

12-15-2009

Yeah, I am starting to change my tune on this matter. Trinity Force gives so much to Gangplank that I have started to make it part of my core build. I usually upgrade sheen after finishing Infinity Edge. With everything in my build accounted for, I'm running around the map at a constant 481 movespeed (505 if I use Raise Moral), which helps my play-style in so many ways. With my final build (in those games that last forever), I usually have a 75% chance to crit for about 1000, and I have parrrley down to a 4 second cooldown. I've really honed in on my preferred build, and I'm usually quite satisfied when it all comes together.

12345678 ... 14