Parrrley Mechanics Guide

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heat n Serve

12-11-2009

Yeah you'll be surprised what can happen with your ult when two cannon balls hit their mark. I once double killed two champs at 500 hp that were close together and chasing down an ally in a different lane. With a little map awareness, you can turn ganks against your team into 3 kills for your team.

I still highly recommend infinity edge after sheen, bloodthirster only boosts your attack, not crit chance and crit damage. Also I save on finishing the sorc boots until I see the enemy getting more magic resist. Haunting guise is usually enough to start.

My rune page is only partially complete, but right now it contains all crit chance marks and quintessences, with all magic resist @ 18 for glyphs. I will probably either make the seals either MR@18 or dodge, if I can afford the IP someday.

Tikor

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
The tooltip says it applies on hit effects. It will apply slow from phage, frozen mallet, triforce, lizard rune buff and I believe Rylai's scepter.
Have you done any comparison of your build to an early frozen mallet build? I find my team never lacks a carry, but that carry usually lacks targets that want to sit still and take their beating.

I wanna piggyback off of your critical thinking skillz =D

Heat n Serve

12-11-2009

Better to have a teammate with a good disable, like Morgana or Ryze to hold them down for you. Getting lizard buff will allow your parrrley to slow every time, but you may just be better off letting your carry get the buff.

Frozen mallet will give you hp and slow, but Pirate is way more useful than being a slow-bot. When your parrrley crits for only 300, you should know you have done something wrong.

Morzas

12-11-2009

Since Gangplank's gunshot is a weird physical/magical hybrid, does armor penetration work with it too?

Heat n Serve

12-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
Since Gangplank's gunshot is a weird physical/magical hybrid, does armor penetration work with it too?
No. The posted equations clearly state that it armor does not factor into the calculation, only magic resist.

Rad1987

12-12-2009

Hey, so is sheen suppose to give parrrley its unique passive? It doesnt seem to give my parrrley the passive when i use it.

Heat n Serve

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad1987 View Post
Hey, so is sheen suppose to give parrrley its unique passive? It doesnt seem to give my parrrley the passive when i use it.
Yes it does. On the same target, you should notice your parrrley hitting for more damage after getting sheen. You can tell its working because as you cast parrrley, you briefly see the orange glow on your character, indicating that the sheen buff has been applied and used up in rapid succession.

Akanei

12-13-2009

Digging this thread.

In addition to sheen being viable, I'd also like to point out tiamat also procs off gun. You can make some really hilarious and nasty combos because of this.

Edit: Also, I've been using exec call in my plank build for a while and parlay does proc it. The effect also seems to work on top of his passive, making for a nice 87% healing reduction (this is simply eyeballing it, though, probably need a programmer's confirmation) on melee swings.

Heat n Serve

12-13-2009

Thanks, glad you liked it. And... interesting tip about tiamat, I'll have try it sometime just to see if I can be a significant AOE threat, although I doubt it =)

EDIT: retracting my incorrect statement about Executioner's calling not proc-ing the debuff with parrrley.

Akanei

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
At no point did I see an exec calling debuff appear by the neutral minion's character box. I have every reason to believe that they stack on melee, but parrrley currently procs neither your passive, nor executioner's calling.
That's because exec only procs on champions. That's explicitly said in the tooltip. Grog doesn't proc on gun, either, which is also said in the tooltip. Never implied that, haha.

12345612 ... 14