Parrrley Mechanics Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craftounay

01-31-2010

Oh i hadn't read the part about Corki.. Thanks

MightyBolamite

02-22-2010

Really? The best runes to get are armor pen? No crit chance or att damage?

incisive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

I'm not sure if they changed parrley since this was written; I just tried sorc-boots on baron with no change in damage, then I bought last whisper and the damage went up 50+. So it seems like its now based on physical damage. ?

EnderA

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by incisive View Post
I'm not sure if they changed parrley since this was written; I just tried sorc-boots on baron with no change in damage, then I bought last whisper and the damage went up 50+. So it seems like its now based on physical damage. ?
Yes, it's physical now. The original post has been edited to reflect the change from magic damage to physical damage.

Blackstoise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBolamite View Post
Really? The best runes to get are armor pen? No crit chance or att damage?
Armor pen gives the best damage output, even at 100% crit chance, BUT early on having a full crit page lets your damage be unpredictable, which allows for early kills on unsuspecting victims.

IS186afbf367d955

04-18-2010

I still got a question. If I got it, it now deals 100% physical dmg, right ? Let say I've gangplank with lvl 5 parley and 100 base attack dmg. I will do 1.1x100+150=260 physical damage right ?
Now if it crits, will i do :
260*2=520dmg ?
2*(1.1x100) + 150=370dmg ?
(1.1+0.9)x100+150 = 350 dmg ?

Thanks for your answer.

Heat n Serve

04-26-2010

520 damage, not counting damage reduction from enemy armor.

Make careful note of where I put the parentheses in the equations, and you will see that the crit is applied after parrrley damage is added to 1.1x attack damage.

Tease

06-01-2010

So I am confused on a few things. What exactly does and doesn't Last Whisper affect? Does it affect spells like Parrley and Spear Shot (Pantheon)?

Muthatrucka

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tease View Post
So I am confused on a few things. What exactly does and doesn't Last Whisper affect? Does it affect spells like Parrley and Spear Shot (Pantheon)?
Yes,

But in the newest patch there is a new system for Pen.

Could our Gankplank Master poster give an update with the new armor/magic pen updates please?

Heat n Serve

06-01-2010

Done.

EDIT: at the moment, it would appear that only spells that proc on-hit effects (Parrrley, but not Spear Shot) get the benefit of percent-based penetration from last whisper. I'm told there are posts from Riot staff that confirm this, but at the moment I only have 1 handy:
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...76#post1831576