Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayatori

05-16-2013

Lost 6 hours of sleep, a sick day at work, and I have to sit on 650 RP for however long this takes. Thanks Riot.

kipz

Recruiter

05-16-2013

CAN I GO TO SLEEP OR IS THIS HAPPENING TODAy ?

WolfFTW

05-16-2013

Quote:
Riot Terablo:
Hello Summoners,

The name wipe that should have happened a few hours ago during the maintenance did not work as expected. Following this thread we investigated and found that most of the summoner names that should have been made available are still taken.

This is due to a bug in our logic that we used to select and enforce the criteria, while protecting legit summoners from having their names taken away.

We are working on fixing our procedure right now, but due to the way this is executed we will most likely need to postpone this until another maintenance window. Right now are are still discussing when this might take place and will inform you about exact dates and times as soon as we are solid.

Terablo

Took you that long to figure out the names that should've been wiped were not? This thread started shortly after maintenance and pointed that out for you! Let's say something is going to happen, so people buy RP then waste 5 hours waiting, then not deliver. Worst Company NA. Think i might go buy SimCity!

Yeul

05-16-2013

Riot cant u wipe it now about 1-5 hours? close na maintance pls

tempname16511277

05-16-2013

Quote:
Riot Terablo:
Hello Summoners,

We managed to quickly find a fix for the name clearup. Part of the algorithm we used to filter through the inactive accounts contained a minor mistake. We have managed to easily correct this issue, and the clearup should be operational within 5-10 minutes.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. As an apology, we will return the RP you have paid for name changes. We will issue a formal post when this service is available.

Terablo

YESS!!!! Thank you so much! FINALLY!!!

Bellissimoh

Producer

05-16-2013

Quote:
SHSL CYBERBULLY:
so can we at least get a confirm/deny on whether those of us whove been up all night can finally sleep??? im so tired but if theres any chance of this being fixed within the next, like, 4 hours, i dont want to take my chances

It's definitely not going to happen today. Clearing ownership of summoner names requires a maintenance to execute and complete.

We're currently fixing the script, and will announce ahead of time before the next cleanse.

Riot Terablo

Systems Administrator

05-16-2013

Quote:
SHSL CYBERBULLY:
so can we at least get a confirm/deny on whether those of us whove been up all night can finally sleep??? im so tired but if theres any chance of this being fixed within the next, like, 4 hours, i dont want to take my chances

Sorry if I was not clear enough. Its unlikely to be fixed in the next 4 hours as we will need a maintenance window to execute this change (95% certain at this time). So most likely we will make an announcement when this will take place as soon as we have a date / time.

caek

05-16-2013

Quote:
Silv3R:
lol @ people complaining over a free game.

sorry you havent spent hundreds on riot

Map Awareness

Recruiter

05-16-2013

Quote:
Helm:
Riot quick question

What is stopping you from fixing it, and wiping the names now?

Probably because they have to shut down the servers again.

And, y'know, there may or may not be people playing ranked right now...

Mama Jess

05-16-2013

You should at least confirm to the people that's been here for hours waiting, whether it's a yes or a no for TODAY.

Put some minds at ease, because I assure you without a yes or a no, they will continue to be here.