Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hail

05-16-2013

Riot quick question

What is stopping you from fixing it, and wiping the names now?

TaiwanNinja

05-16-2013

Quote:
Bellissimoh:
It's disappointing, we agree. We told you guys it would happen and it didn't. The one thing we can promise is that we're examining the process in which we do summoner name wipes as we hope to learn as much as possible from this in order to prevent future player pain.

No hard feelings over here. Got to converse with others and listen to Daft Punk all night. I understand problems can arise especially with code. However, after waiting so long I would like one simple request. Either set a brand new date perfectly visible for anyone to see so that it's fair for people to try and get their names, or wipe the names in the next 30 minutes or so and let us know it's happening in preparation. Thanks for the hard work!

August 17th

05-16-2013

You guys are acting like it's been the first time you've disappointed us. There have been so many things gone wrong, every patch causes SOMETHING to go wrong, yet you guys turn a blind eye and say you'll do better next time, which you never do.

Rafiki Knows

05-16-2013

Quote:
Riot Terablo:
I am hopeful that we have fixed this in time for EU deploys so that they will go fine.

Thank you for replying. And sorry for the backlash you're getting in this thread. People don't seem to realize that you're just the messenger.

I'm off to bed, hopefully this gets sorted out. (preferably while im not asleep >.&gt

Sorcery

05-16-2013

Quote:
Bellissimoh:
It's disappointing, we agree. We told you guys it would happen and it didn't. The one thing we can promise is that we're examining the process in which we do summoner name wipes as we hope to learn as much as possible from this in order to prevent future player pain.

If it's not implemented before the sale ends. Will you be extending the sale by any chance?

ediT

05-16-2013

so annoying.

SpookyBooo

05-16-2013

lol i just wanna know if i can pass out now

5ecret5tar5ystem

05-16-2013

To all the complainers, you guys need to log off and get some sleep. Obviously Riot isn't doing this to provoke you, something went seriously wrong in their patch release. Consider some worst-case scenarios: You use the name change and it goes through but the account bound to the level 4 account holding the name you need still has the name. Maybe your account is merged with that account and you lose all access to it, who knows! I would rather not have spent the last day camping the store and this thread in the hopes that I could rid myself of this silly name but errors at Riot server-side needs to be accommodated, don't need to crucify them.

Myon

Recruiter

05-16-2013

What I want to know is, if the name wipe is going to happen today, will the game go down first? Or will the game be still up, and at a random time, the names will be up for grab..

Relent

05-16-2013

lol @ people complaining over a free game.