Name wipes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dustwind

05-16-2013

slushie is still pretty good

RoosterBomb

05-16-2013

At least I won't be paranoid going to school now...but I'm heifer tired still xC

straight gangsta

05-16-2013

Bought RP just for this. GG Riot

I am TwistedFate

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Terablo View Post
Hello Summoners,

The name wipe that should have happened a few hours ago during the maintenance did not work as expected. Following this thread we investigated and found that most of the summoner names that should have been made available are still taken.

This is due to a bug in our logic that we used to select and enforce the criteria, while protecting legit summoners from having their names taken away.

We are working on fixing our procedure right now, but due to the way this is executed we will most likely need to postpone this until another maintenance window. Right now are are still discussing when this might take place and will inform you about exact dates and times as soon as we are solid.

Terablo
TLDR riot being ****kign terrible once again

Comedian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

So it's not happening today? I need to no this if I can leave now or not

TaiwanNinja

05-16-2013

1100+ posts

Gundam

05-16-2013

did you guys outsource this job to blizzard or what

Depher

05-16-2013

You know what I did? I went to sleep at a decent time and woke up right before the patch became live, reading that the patch would come approximately 6 hours after servers went down. Didn't lose any sleep, not bitter, and ready to secure my name.

ediT

05-16-2013

riot sht company na

Mama Jess

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Terablo View Post
Hello Summoners,

The name wipe that should have happened a few hours ago during the maintenance did not work as expected. Following this thread we investigated and found that most of the summoner names that should have been made available are still taken.

This is due to a bug in our logic that we used to select and enforce the criteria, while protecting legit summoners from having their names taken away.

We are working on fixing our procedure right now, but due to the way this is executed we will most likely need to postpone this until another maintenance window. Right now are are still discussing when this might take place and will inform you about exact dates and times as soon as we are solid.

Terablo
Why wasn't this tested beforehand? Surely you've done this before haven't you?