Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric, team specific?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

12-10-2009

I've been looking at a new hero to buy for when my team needs a second tanky hero/support. I've been looking at Taric lately for his pushing power and laning ability. However, one concern of mine is that his ult seems to be geared towards physical carries. Most teams have at least one, but is that enough to make his ult worth it in things like team fights? Does he need 2 heavy physical damage dealers to make him worthy of his slot compared to other characters?

SomeoneRandom

12-10-2009

To be honest his ult obviously helps when you have more than one physical dps on your team... but the real reason his ult is so powerful is its healing capacity... if you have any form of AP and combined with imbue and either a heal or rally depending on your summoner talents you can heal for quite a lot in the course of a team fight...

Not to mention the fact that every hero auto bots towers :O

It also depends on what kind of play you do... if you tend to solo queue I can tell you that you would be well off doing taric... most of the time you will either be put with other solo queuer's who tend to do nothing but play for themselves and go physical carries anyways... orrrrr you will be put on a team that already has 3-4 people... who would LOVE to have a taric ;D

All in all I would love a taric on my team anyday, stuns + armor aura and heals here and there are awesome Not to mention they are soooo hard to kill

dreamydischarge

12-10-2009

Taric should only be used in premades.

You will end up frustrated otherwise.

JunkRamen

12-10-2009

Quote:
dreamydischarge:

I only play in premades

gsuz

12-10-2009

Taric is absolutely amazing, together with 1-2 mates and your ult you absolutely wreck towers, you dominate in team fights as long as you have mana (which is a problem ), he is top 3 support imho

I only solo queue and mostly play with taric, and it rocks :-)

SomeoneRandom

12-10-2009

Quote:
dreamydischarge:

This is true if your aiming to get a billion kills, but honestly your lane partner should see you dazzling a hero and be able to help out without having to hear you yelling over vent, its really not that difficult to work with pugs as long as they arent completely ******ed...

If you goal is to win Taric is a fine hero even in a game of full pugs, if your talking about only pre-mades hes just downright amazing... my favorite Taric story was when I lane with a blitzcrank friend of mine... and we had like 10+ kills combined before 10 minutes in... hook + punch + stun is sick... not to mention ignites / exaust are usually a kill each

The Senate

Recruiter

12-10-2009

Quote:
dreamydischarge:

This is wrong. I've carried teams with Taric in solo queue.

@ OP

Taric is, in fact, reliant on having a physical carry to buff. Preferably two or more.

Ashe, Corki, Yi and Trynd are the best. For tanks, Taric works really well with Rammus, Alistar and Malphite.

Sivir is surprisingly lame, you want a champion with less push and more hurt.

Basicly, use your best judgment. The very best champion for Taric is Master Yi, hands down. I've also seen crazy **** happen with Ashe and physical Teemo.

Do NOT pick Taric if your team is underrepresented in physical damage.

westley

12-10-2009

I play Taric nearly exclusively, both solo and in premades, and with reasonable success. I don't think he's a premade-only champion. He does depend on at least semi-competent teammates. But who doesn't?