Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, any chance of adding a potion/ward slot to the item bar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danbotica

12-09-2009

Games do not often last this long anymore, but there have been many times where I (or an ally) have had to sell an item in order to make room for oracle(or a ward etc). This seems strange to me.

It is possible this is intentional, but i do not see why. The potions/wards are supposed to be temporary buffs. Why should they not be chooseable if you have a full item bar?

Would it be possible to get a 7th slot that only accepts 1 type of potion/ward? This way characters who are full up can still purchase wards (which i love to use late game).

If it is not possible, can i have an explanation of the reasoning behind it?

Patyrn

12-09-2009

A reasoned and reasonable request. This deserves Riot.

Gandalf 007

12-09-2009

This is a great idea.

Or at the very least to be able to drag-n-drop the items to a different item slot (say from slot 6 to slot 1).

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-09-2009

it'll probably get implimented about the same time Riot allows you to customize each character's "Recommended Builds"

Danbotica

12-09-2009

Recommended builds is a pipe dream that i love. But since riot seems to change the HUD every patch, i dont think it would be hard to add a seventh box. At all.

But if it is a problem, i would love to hear why.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

12-10-2009

Riot's throwing different ideas on how to handle this around the drawing board.

They're working on it, but ETA is unknown to me .

Danbotica

12-10-2009

Thank you Jozrael.

Also, i like your name. It would be a good angel hero name. Just saying.

smithz

12-10-2009

I always felt that stealth heroes got gimped a bit hard with wards and such. Especially late game it should be a decision to keep a ward or elixir on you vs another item. This forces your team to decide who should carry ward (IE who gets hurt the least by only having 5 item slots) or who is the safest to put an elixir on. If your having trouble with filling all 6 slots maybe your whole team is not, ask if someone else can pick up a ward for you.

Also I want to be able to trade pots, I loved in DotA having one player go shopping for both in a lane. That or give me a chicken.