What does ARAM mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleFuryBugs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2010

This acronym has suddenly poped up all over the forums, wtf does it mean?

R66Y

11-15-2010

All Random All Mid

It's a variation people play in which everyone plays a random champion and both teams try to push mid. Common rules are no going into the jungle, no blue pilling, no pushing side lanes, no snowball items (stacks), no Guardian Angel, but other variants on the rules are out there.

Breidr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2010

^expert ninja

I believe this stands for "All Random All Mid" which to me sounds like a custom game where players use random champions and rush mid. A veteran will correct me if I'm wrong .

xpsychedelico

11-15-2010

<--- Enjoys ARAM.

Just to add on, there's usually a restriction on using the summoner spell Fortify, either not at all, or only one person. You can also usually suicide mid into any of their towers (not fountain) to shop, but it would be wise to clarify with the owner if it is not stated if you can or cannot. Some games allow you to target the enemy's side lane minions when you're in their base and some don't.

In general, these games tend to ask for higher level players who can play decently with a random champion they have never played or touched before and know what types of items are a good idea. You can always ask your teammates for item choices as well, as some champion builds excel on ARAM that would do badly in a normal game. Summoner spell choices tend to be Heal and improved Clarity, though you can still grab other utility spells if you think your champion benefits from them more.

There's also a variation to this map called ADAM, All Draft All Mid, which requires better knowledge of the champions available and how well they perform on the map. There are many champions that are ridiculously good in an all mid game, knowing which ones to ban and which you can get is important. Definitely more strategically orientated than ARAM.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-15-2010

Most people ban fortify. The issue with fortify isn't chain defending the middle tower, but that it can be used to protect side lane towers, pushing further on them, and getting towers down before your opponents.

While some people dislike suicides, it doesn't break kill streaks (so you still get bonus gold for killing them even if they just died to a tower) and you still get experience as long as you were in range (but no gold).

I think we should switch them to 'arom' and 'dmom' in memory of DotA's influence. Tagging them as -arom and -dmom would also keep them at the top of the list when you sort by room title.

Cesog

11-15-2010

ARAM, as previous posters have said, is All Random All Mid. Its great fun, but most hosts have their own rules. If you want to play, I know a group of people who would be glad to introduce you. Send me a request and I will try to get you into a game sometime tomorrow.

This goes for anybody who would like to play as well.

AnjouShin

11-16-2010

you guys forgot the most important rule

DON'T DODGE! and stick with your champ even if its GG in champ select

Undertaker9999

10-29-2011

o0o