Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Make Zileans bombs do more damage please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danbotica

12-09-2009

Quote:
Poor Mundo, Kat, and Tryndamere

Edit: Well, maybe not poor Tryndamere

For them is could cost health.

But yes, zileans bombs can become incredibly powerful, but it is difficult to do so. i love playing Zilean. But, a good zilean gets a huge target placed on his head. If you kill him, you ,effectively kill 2 heroes (because of his revive spell). Many times i am spam nuked/stunned.silenced.

Because of this, a good zilean has to balance out Ap with health, This reduced his Ap ratio. Add this to the fact that zilean cuts through mana faster than any other hero, and zilean becomes fairly diffcult to maintian. Tehn add the fact that his offense spells can be cleansed away, and you see the problem. Yes he can deal massive amounts of damage if you are already winning. But in a close game betwen good teams, zilean is both nuked, mana starved and countered by a summoner spell. It is ruff. Not impossible, but ruff.

i love Zilean (and Zileas..blush) but cleanse did weaken him substantially. Not enough to warrent UP UP!, but enough to urk me.

Purutzil

12-09-2009

Zileans bombs are very good as it is, specially considering with the one ability you can pop down 2 and do crazy damage to someone. Zilean is a support character and the bombs are in my opinion the best harrass ability in game (able to tower dive it without being targeted, placed on allies to run in and blow up on an enemy when they get close, placed on an enemy and imediately blown up with another cast).

I think they are fine how they are. Cleanse itself is rather cheap and OP now so I'd say just leave things how they are. Once cleanse is nerfed it will balance itself out.

Danbotica

12-09-2009

Quote:
Cleanse itself is rather cheap and OP now so I'd say just leave things how they are. Once cleanse is nerfed it will balance itself out

i think you are right. it is a temporary hick up. Perhaps a slight mana cost decrease could be used though. Zilean may be able to do massive damage, but the mana drain is huge. But this is not necessary, just would be beneficial.

Anniie

12-09-2009

Quote:
Decae:
they are really bad end game in my experience, unless im just building them wrong.

Welcome to playing casters.

Opodomus

12-09-2009

You do realize that you can completely nullify the ability to cleanse bombs by casting the bomb on an ally who then runs at them? Also, instead of slowing the enemy you could haste an ally?

Zilean is hard to play, but when well played he is amazing. He does not need any buffs, period.

Worstcase

12-09-2009

Quote:
railspider:
I can understand Cleanse clearing Zil's slow, that's fair enough.

But I agree - no cleansing bombs! It's his only damage spell, why should it be subject to cleansing!

This I disagree with, I can understand cleansing a Bomb, but when you become IMMUNE to all debuffs for 2 seconds afterwards, then there is something wrong.

Morgana perticularly got hurt, considering that any person in the 4 second window it takes to trigger the ultimate the person can A) move out of range or B) LOLCLEANSE.

Again, Zileas has stated they will be nerfing Cleanse, considering that every champion under the sun is at a disadvantage.

Danbotica

12-09-2009

I have changed my strat a little now. Instead of placing bombs on enemies i have relied on placing it on minions and allies. This has reduced my ability to zone control substantially though, which i feel is zilean's strongest asset for half of the game. Placing bombs on minions means that the enemy can still stay within xp range. Keeping enemies from xp is extra fun when you team has a 8% xp buff.

oh well, things change, and they will change again next patch.

rEv3

12-09-2009

Have you considered how great it is that Zilean has two abilities that might make someone want to blow their cleanse for?

Danbotica

12-09-2009

No, and i refuse to.
jk
i am more concerned about laning then about late game ganking/team fights.

Again, am not too concerned about cleanse. The game has adapted. But i still KJBGFKJSBS when i see a team of 5 with all cleanse.

12-09-2009

Cleanse = 60 second cooldown
Zilean's Bomb = 10 second cooldown

Now tell me again why cleanse shouldn't take off zilean's bomb?