Q: AP or Damage Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sc2ggRise

01-12-2010

i play dps teemo almost exclusively and i'm just trying to think of a new, unexpected yet effective way to play him. the mejai's + sorc boots are more than just for mushrooms... mid-late game it essentially gives you more killing power by complementing your DPS by giving you a blinding nuke with strong attacks AND nicer poison damage that makes them **** their pants when they are running back low on health and hit a powerful mushroom to top it off. The build I'm thinking of is playing more on his utility than anything else, especially when you throw an executioner's in there. I would imagine it would be the most annoying teemo you could make. Really late game I would add a frozen mallet to it. Re-thinking it some more, this could be a kickass item build:

mejai's (early AP harass)
sorc boots (supports AP)
exec's calling (dot + less healing + crit + life steal)
infinity (dam + plays off exec's crit's)
last whisper (armor pen for your DPS + attack speed)
frozen mallet (more annoying slow + damage + tankiness)

early game - mejai's + sorc boots = potential kills and good harass while farming fine if you're solo mid which = money for mid-late game anyway
mid game - bring in the damage + heal reduction
late game - serious DPS + survivability + hard hitting mushrooms still
late late game, you could always switch boots + elixir up

MrSARS

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc2ggRise View Post
i play dps teemo almost exclusively and i'm just trying to think of a new, unexpected yet effective way to play him. the mejai's + sorc boots are more than just for mushrooms... mid-late game it essentially gives you more killing power by complementing your DPS by giving you a blinding nuke with strong attacks AND nicer poison damage that makes them **** their pants when they are running back low on health and hit a powerful mushroom to top it off. The build I'm thinking of is playing more on his utility than anything else, especially when you throw an executioner's in there. I would imagine it would be the most annoying teemo you could make. Really late game I would add a frozen mallet to it. Re-thinking it some more, this could be a kickass item build:

sorc boots (supports AP)

early game - mejai's + sorc boots = potential kills and good harass while farming fine if you're solo mid which = money for mid-late game anyway
CRIT Chance you do 600-700 end game at 1.85 attack speed I have no clue why people aren't exploiting this. Don't ever build for AP I always shut them down with straight DPS teemo. I find that hybrids never work.

Bloodba7h

01-12-2010

DPS Teemo is superior to AP Teemo.

That doesn't mean that AP Teemo is a complete waste of time, however. With some AP and Cooldown Reduction, Teemo is a great map awareness and anti-carry support champion with the potential to do some decent damage (read: not as much as DPS Teemo. Not by a long shot.) and steal some kills.

The biggest point against AP Teemo is Mercury Treads.
The damage from your mushrooms is halved by one item and your blinding shot/poison also takes a hit from it. If the item weren't so popular then maybe I'd recommend AP Teemo but only in very limited situations is AP Teemo a better choice.

DPS > AP unless you're in need of a support and not another carry.

Kroma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

DPS teemo is far better, I see almost everyone getting malady first, i guess that is ok if you laning with someone, but if you solo its not as great. There i really no one that can out dps teemo with last wisper in the mid early game. Teemo is a very AS based hero, so why people would get anything else is beyond me. If you have a last wisper and a bloodrazer mid game, you can fight a yi head on and come out with more hp than u went in with. The only other items that dont have AS that would be viable on teemo woth be mallet/Infi edge and veil. You cannot run away from a teemo with mallet, Tping and tower and team, is the only out from teemo. I love how people saying "oh yi can out dps teemo" Thats BS, Teemo can 3 shot almost anyone non-tank end game. And teemo does not have a redic ult that makes him unexaushtable. Well anyways, DPS teemo all the way, PS i do have my runes set to 12 AP so i can farm better ealry game!! I average around 250 creep kills a game.

Sc2ggRise

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc2ggRise View Post

sorc boots (supports AP)

i was very effective with this build, here's how it went:

1st item - vampiric scepter
lizard buff -> solo mid -> first blood (exhaust, blind, poison)
2nd item - mejai's + normal boots
3rd item - sorc boots + executioners in full (already had scepter)
4th item - bf sword
had 10 stacks on mejai at this point
5th item - sheen
6th item - IE
7th item - lichbane
game over

would have gotten mallet next, or last whisper

we lost the game, but i was 8/3 until top fed fiddle to the point where he raped us all. still, i was killing with mushrooms, doing nice damage with 550+ crits, and heavy poison (50-60/tick).

i recommend trying the build before everyone jumps on it. yes, DPS teemo is quite good, but i think this is quite good as well, especially better than straight up AP teemo. the reason this works is because you only need mejai to get up to 220 AP, then you really don't need to get any more until sheen/lichbane tha works suprisingly well taking you up to 300AP. thats 100 poison/second, still with 550 crits (executioners give you high % plus i have crit runes + sheen). try it out

EasymodeX

01-12-2010

My build (I've played Teemo like once, mind you):

1. Nashor's (early AP to pump the shroom, ASP to start scaling his DPS for mid/late, and CDR for more shroom spam). This is the first, only, and last AP item, and gives him all the shroom spam he needs with 25% CDR on top of whatever you have from masteries.

2. Immediately switch to your flavor of DPS build -- proc spam (Wit's/Malady/SOTD), crit (PD/IE), or counter-items (Mandred's/etc).

The only key here is that his raw DPS is delayed slightly from a pure DPS build, so be sure to enforce map control early and often with the Nashor's. Pack some extra health and mana pots and harass all lanes into the ground.

Edit: Alternatively, use MPEN to supplement your AP. If you're more hardcore on the shroom spam, then pick up a Mask/Sorc Boots for some additional potency with the magic damage, keeping mind that the AP scaling isn't huge on your abilities. Shrooms have some excellent base damage. MPEN augments that faster than raw AP in many ways.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scro View Post
just like to point out how absurd this is.

You will NEVER get 450 ap with teemo in a halfway decent game

A bad twitch does not make ap teemo good

AP might shine til about lvl 5-7 then teemo will slowly transform into a pee-shooting badger who gets a hybrid prox-mine/vision ward every min or so.

DO NOT GO AP WITH TEEMO
if you go ap teemo, you are a farming beast

1 shroom can take out any amount of minions

if you dont get at least 450 ap with him in a decent / decently long game if you are aiming for ap then you suck ass

i agree attack > ap

im just saying ap can do quite a bit of dmg and is pretty fun

keftes

Recruiter

01-12-2010

but farming stops after lvl6-8 ---> ap teemo is useless

Bloodba7h

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post

if you dont get at least 450 ap with him in a decent / decently long game if you are aiming for ap then you suck ass

i agree attack > ap

How do you get 450 AP with Teemo?

Please outline which items you get to have "AT LEAST" 450 AP with him in a decently long game (45 minutes is a decently long game, don't you think?).

There is NO WAY you're getting AT LEAST 450 AP with Teemo while being a viable teammate (not allowed to free farm, literally, all game). You're being quite ridiculous.

MrSARS

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post

i agree attack > ap

you can farm minions like that anyways you don't need any ap I've done it