Q: AP or Damage Teemo?

12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truhls

12-10-2009

I play AP teemo for the sole reason: If i wanted to play a dmg/AS champ, there are others that do it far better.

keftes

Recruiter

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
I play AP teemo for the sole reason: If i wanted to play a dmg/AS champ, there are others that do it far better.
Not really

WilsonK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

Thank you guys! I'm think i'll stay with damage teemo... anyway, is it good to finish the bloodrazor as first item? Or is it better to rush malady+black cleaver? What I like in the bloodrazors is the possibility to kill baron easily and recover my life really fast (chance to hit 500 + life steal)... the items i'm doing now are: berserker greaves, bloodrazors and banshee veil. Can you give me some tips for items on dmg teemo?

Thanks again!
Kaupert, W.

Truhls

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
Not really
Yi will out damage a teemo any day of the week.

Attack Speed...that one is harder but GP is up there with raise morale easily.

Hell even Jax can almost do the Dmg output of yi with the AS to go with it, and hes not anywhere near as squishy.

The only thing teemo brings is ranged ( id just go with ashe/twitch if im going to be that squishy ) and the only unique thing is mushrooms for map awareness. so why not just take the unique ability and make it far more worth it and go AP?

AP Mushrooms hurt even late game, and is an excellent way to slow pushes down.

keftes

Recruiter

12-10-2009

The comparison between Yi and Teemo fails in so many aspects:

*) Teemo is ranged - Yi is a melee carry
*) Teemo is an anti-carry while yi is a pure carry (blinding the carry in team fights = win usually)
*) Teemo can provide insane map awareness for his team - Yi cant
*) Teemo can kite - Yi cant
*) Teemo can harass to a point you want to break your keyboard - Yi can also until he goes oom (i'm talking about early game).

So yes i pick teemo because there is no other hero that can do what he does atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
The only thing teemo brings is ranged ( id just go with ashe/twitch if im going to be that squishy ) and the only unique thing is mushrooms for map awareness. so why not just take the unique ability and make it far more worth it and go AP?

AP Mushrooms hurt even late game, and is an excellent way to slow pushes down.
If you play AP teemo you're limited to just spamming mushrooms and blind.You're useless for any dps tasks.A physical teemo with endgame gear can be devastating while still beeing able to pop mushrooms and blind.Ok if you're physical his mushrooms will do like 200 damage less? Is that a reason to skip your damage potential and go AP? I think not

WilsonK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2009

Can you guys help me too with the items to DPS teemo? Also it could be great some help with runes, my build now is:
Runes: +1.0 physical damage, +2% exp bonus, +12 armor level 18, +4.7 magic resist, +14 physical at level 18, +1.8 AP, + 8.1 Ap level 18 and + 4.9 critical; is it good to do a lot of critical and armor/resist to him?
Items: berserker greaves, bloodrazors and banshee veil

Kaupert, W.

Pen15Mightier

12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonK View Post
Can you guys help me too with the items to DPS teemo? Also it could be great some help with runes, my build now is:
Runes: +1.0 physical damage, +2% exp bonus, +12 armor level 18, +4.7 magic resist, +14 physical at level 18, +1.8 AP, + 8.1 Ap level 18 and + 4.9 critical; is it good to do a lot of critical and armor/resist to him?
Items: berserker greaves, bloodrazors and banshee veil

Kaupert, W.
If you stick with DPS Teemo, Runes to get would be Armor Penetration and Crit Chance.

Items: Drop Banshee's Veil for Frozen Mallet, it's more hp, builds in smaller more usable pieces (Phange), and provides Teemo with the only 1v1 thing he needs, a harassing slow. This also allows you to get another mid-tier item that's also better than the Veil (he moves too quick in and out of fights to be focused effectively. Besides with the dmg over time of your poisons and mushrooms, you aren't a priority target due to burst...other champions do that better.

I usually go Beserker Greaves, Bloodrazor, Phage, Infinity Edge, upgrade to Frozen Mallet, but the game is usually over by then. If it's incredibly long, I go Phantom Dancer next.

I much prefer AP Teemo over DPS Teemo. I think any other ranged carry is better than Teemo in the DPS department. He's better for Hit & Run harassment and baiting people into chasing into traps, then running people down. His poisons whittle down whole teams if you click on them all in sequence, and focus with your team, baiting into traps to set up ganks and Blinding/Exhausting to shut down enemy Carries.

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

12-10-2009

I've tried AP Teemo and even though I did well, I would have done way better with physical Teemo. I have to say physical teemo is hands down better.

MrSARS

12-10-2009

DPS Teemo is the way to go. AP is ok but it got kind of nerfed during the patch. Usually I will get around 13-15 kills a game with the DPS build. This is not my build, but someone else it's ****ing good.

Doran's shield with potion
Berserker greaves
last whisper
Madred's bloodrazors
guinsoo rageblade
guardian angel
bloodthirster, but the game usually doesn't go that long.

Doctor Dynamite

12-10-2009

i prefer AP mainly because the amount of damage with your abilitys u can do is amazing, 500-600 with blinding dart, and around 500-600 with your shrooms, and then 100 with your posion! thats some killer damage

12345612 ... 19