Q: AP or Damage Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

07-21-2010

(Deep, resounding voice): D-D-D-DOUBLE-NECRO-CRO-CRO!!!

Quillets

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

My answer, as a Teemo player, is pure atk speed and a Madred's Bloodrazor. The damage will stack up as you keep attacking with toxic shot and the razor will be an easy way to dispatch and hero due to its % max health damage. Teemo also has the advantage of being one of the fastest heroes in the game with one of the best slows in the game which gives u lots of time to razor them to death.
My build:
Sword of the Divine
Boots of Mobility (for those annoying i wish i coulda been 1 step faster moments)
nashor's tooth
frozen mallet (slow and less squishy)
Stark's Fervor
Sword of Occult OR Melaj's Soulstealer (another AP vs Damage lol)

Asuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurlukovich View Post
ONE EXTRA NOTE: This build is not intended to give you 10 or more kills per game;however, from experience, this build guarantees a very low death rate. The main strength of this build is the number of assists you will attain due to the *sheer* amount of shrooms that you plant. So do not be surprised if your number of assists is at least over 20. All in all this is a support kind of build. If you are not the defensive or support minded type of character, then this build is not for you.
This build plays remarkably like how a respectable Ashe would, debilitate the enemy for team ganks. I support this.

Krangbot

07-22-2010

AP: if you would like to be worthless in teamfights and your team needs to carry you unless its a roflstomp game

AD: if you would like to contribute something in teamfights (all your spells still retain their awesome utility, blind, snare etc.) And you can also add other sweet effects like mallet slow/ 4% hp slice/Armor reduction etc. through items. not to mention monstrous damage with Teemo's innately speedy attack speed

shane o noke

08-31-2010

go hybrid with rageblade, nashors, frozen mallet, black cleaver

AreYouReady2Die

08-31-2010

A fun lil story of a bad game I lost, but was fun and I kicked some heavy mellee players butt with little backup.. Also I'm 27-0-3 mastery, Armor Pen/Magic Pen Red rune. Mp5/Hp5 regen yellow, cooldown reduction blue, and crit chance quint best I've found for Teemo that allows you to go AP or AD if needed depending on opponets you face. My opinion AP is far more fun, but AD is needed against hard enemy character picks it just does more damage faster before you get crushed... ( but a AP/AD hybrid Teemo with heavy mushroom damage helps when theres alot of Shaco/Twitch gank patroling going on)

Just had one of my worst teams in solo 5v5 and we all know.. When your facing Xin, Shen, Jax, Crit Gangplank, and a Singed... As Capt. Teemo your in trouble, 50 minute game... my Ashe is 4-9...my Xin is 5-12, etc, just a terribad team and I saw it was one, fairly early on that my team wasn't going to cut it...

So I tried something new, was going my typical AD build of Vampiric Scepter-> to Stark's eventually, Ghostblade, Infinity Edge, Frozen Malet, Filler Item build(usually Hextech Gunblade Lifesteal/spell lifesteal/ AP and AD its wonderful).... Luckily I had mid against gangplank but the parrley was chunking 50% hp a hit sometimes, (he died 3 times to 0 on me early from dart spam/poison dot spam hit and run drain ) so I went..... TANK TEEMO!! (3kHP 70% damage reduction lol)

Was pretty lolz, I grabbed life steal part of Starks, and bought a peice of chainmail and Ninja Tabi Boots just to give me a lil armor to reduce his crit damage, Gangplank flexed his epeen and tried to smash my face in, and was pretty surprised i didn't run and smashed HIS face in..(lifesteal/armor/+him being crit damage runed with just 12% crit chance nothing else)
skipped to Frozen Mallet after getting Avarice (ghostblade eventuallly but my quints are crit chance so I typically end up 50% crit with infinity)....

Anyways final build went Stark's, Ninja Tabi, Ghostblade, Frozen Mallet, Sunfire Cape(I had too just...felt so wrong..=p) , Atma's Impaler(18% crit chance 2% of 3k HP that i had in magic damage a shot).... 16-9-15 against a arranged team with a solo random fail group where only one other teamate went positive in kills, still lost, couldn't carry that much they were decent...but not good enough and had a bad mix of character choices.. But was pretty funny, doubt I'll do it again, but had seen this post b4 game and got bored over the fail team. If my team had been better.. hell this build might have worked out way better against the opponent groups you hate to see.

Honestly think Stark's is one of the best items for AD teemo, and I don't see it on them much, and hell it stacks if other teammates get one too. High lifesteal %/nice Hp5/Attack Speed buff.

Schuazay

08-31-2010

I personally go hybrid teemo, i get a nashor's tooth for my 2nd item (after boots) and then a guinsoo then a frozen mallet then a black cleaver and finish it with a hextec gun blade.

As you can see I get most of my Ap items early game and my dmg items end game so i can tanke advantage of ap teemo earlygame and ad teemo let game.

C00LST0RYBR0

08-31-2010

Neither Teemo is the best choice.

KrupsMcGee

08-31-2010

Interesting that this thread is just as relevant now as it was 8 months ago.

I've done the best with AD teemo, try to splash a lil cdr to max shroom planting mayhem (nashors and/or brutalizer probably). To rely on your shrooms for damage is folly though, as a smart team will counter them with an oracle's elixer.

AP helps with poison but AD is better, since poison is a dot but you only get 1 tick with each attack if they are under continuous fire. AD will just net you way more damage. Blind is also good with AP, but just from experience AD has done so much better in general.

NeoMitchel

Recruiter

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
Your number are very off. Blinding shot doesnt do 800dmg by itself and your 1100dmg mushrooms (how much ap for 1100 dmg really?) can be countered by cleanse or a simple oracles elixir.By the 5seconds it takes your autoattack poison to do it's full 500dmg the team fight will probably be over.

A physical teemo:
* ) does way more damage with his autoshots
* ) can still use his mushrooms for escaping and map awareness
* ) his mushrooms still do alot of damage so i dont see a reason to dumb his melee damage just to get 300 more damage on the mushroom.
* ) He can still blind enemy carries and fulfill his role as an anticarry
* ) Laughs at any AP teemo he sees. Saying that AP teemo counters physical teemos is really a joke.
Just so you know out of all the damage based champ teemo has the lowest starting and ending damage stats of all.
Also poison activates on hit now and does damage after every hit and restarts the countdown of 5 seconds once they are out of range. With good Teemo's poison doing over 100 per tick, that is 500 extra damage with one attack.
Cleanse dose not stop the damage same with mercury treads, both only effect the slow of the mushroom, not the damage, so it is less effective with DPS Teemo, since you dont get the slow out of it.
Plus what you say about AD beating AP, i laugh at you. I have faced AD Teemos, and with my blind, (plus i run exhaust) i double blind the Teemo and they are useless. My blind dart will take out half of your health, and all the lifesteal in the world wont help you if you cant hit your target.
BTW, on ur earlier comments about oracles counter AP Teemo is partially true, like it is with any stealth char. But a good Teemo will anticipate you buying oracles, countering them by placing his mushrooms at the edge of a bush. you hit the mushroom before you can see it to attack it. And with wards, Teemo will just concentrate the shrooms in a different locations, deeming the ward useless against Teemo.
With AP Teemo, i am able to wipe out a whole lane of minions, i place a mushroom and leave, the poison does the rest. That allows me to be somewhere else quicker, then standing in a horde of 15 minions wasting time attacking each one individually. This allows me to farm very efficiently.
Though AP Teemo may not be the better person in teamfights, he still holds a key role. Blinding the carry as you said, but you can also bait people into your shrooms. This takes out 800-1000 damage to THE WHOLE TEAM IN 5 SECONDS. This can curve a team fight into your favor, because even with a DPS Teemo, you focus him, you die, then you contribute nothing to the fight.
I also have another question, have you ever played AP Teemo? Or are you the kind of person who shuns AP just because it is against the grain?
Here is my AP build, just humor me and try it, you will find that it does indeed hurt.
1)Sheen
2)Boot--> Sorcerer Boots
3)Will of the Ancients (Spellvamp, very usefull)
4)Lichbane or Rylai's Crystal Scepter (Depending if you need CC)
5)Then finish either Lichbane or the Scepter, depending on what you chose
6)Zhonya's Ring
7)Your Choice! (Usually I go Deathfire Grasp for tanky team, Nashor's tooth if we need a little more DPS, or Hextech Gunblade, just for lifesteal + additional spell vamp. Plus the extra slow is very nice.)
My Summoner's spells are Exhaust/Ignite. (Double blind + double DOT damage.)