Q: AP or Damage Teemo?

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WilsonK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

I know there are both builds, but I would like to hear the pro teemos here, wich is better: AP or damage for this hero?
This is the items I use to get: berserker greaves, madred's bloodrazor's, malady and black cleaver; but i read all the guides here about AP teemo and became confused about which build to choose...

Thank you,
Kaupert, W.

Edit. Help me with the items and runes!
(adding another reply)
"Can you guys help me too with the items to DPS teemo? Also it could be great some help with runes, my build now is:
Runes: +1.0 physical damage, +2% exp bonus, +12 armor level 18, +4.7 magic resist, +14 physical at level 18, +1.8 AP, + 8.1 Ap level 18 and + 4.9 critical; is it good to do a lot of critical and armor/resist to him?
Items: berserker greaves, bloodrazors and banshee veil

Thanks again!
Kaupert, W."

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

get ready for the ubertastic answer:

ready?

depends.

early game = ap teemo

mid/late = physical teemo

reason: 90% of players get mercury treads. if the magic resist on it wasn't enough, it reduces damage on teemo shrooms by 40% extra by reducing its duration.

absolute hit and run style uses ap teemo.
killer teemos like black cleaver.
jungle/support teemo uses bloodrazors.

Fides

12-09-2009

I rather enjoy AP Teemo. Seeing a melee's health go down by a good chunk, as well as my mushroom having some nice damage boosts while he can't kill it makes me pretty happy.

Never really enjoyed Damage Teemo. I get too much of a kick out of nuking with him.

Skaxx

12-09-2009

I prefer Damage Teemo over AP Teemo anyday. AP Teemo early game can be a strong harass, his Blinding Darts hit hard as hell and his poison ticks for quite a bit. However, late game, you are mainly planting an entire field of mushrooms, shooting a dart here and there, and trying to stay as far away from people as you can in team fights.

My Teemo item build goes like this:

Malady / Stark's (Stark's if I get a gank or two pre-6ish, and there is no friendly Sivir)
Berserker Greaves or Boots of Swiftness, again, depending on the game.
Vamp Scepter
Infinity Edge
Vamp Scepter turns to Bloodthirster
At this point, either the game is over because you ganked so well, or you're losing solo ganks because you don't have the health or are doing it wrong.
If you need survivability, grab an hp item, otherwise I tend to go with something like Frozen Mallet or Trinity Force

EchoRex

12-09-2009

Q: Map control/harrassment or DPS?

AKA: AP or DMG builds for Teemo depend upon what you aim to do.

FrankMcCrank

12-09-2009

AP teemo if you know your team mates are decent. it's a lot easier to plant mushrooms when you are on the offensive team rather than the defensive. the more mushrooms you can get out there the better AP teemo gets. he's a joke if you can't get enough mushrooms out.

Bait

12-09-2009

actually, dps teemos have better map control.
dps teemo uses shrooms for scouting/blocking paths.

ap teemos uses shrooms more offensively so they have worse sight.

keftes

Recruiter

12-10-2009

AP teemo is useless 1vs1 and in team fights.He can only harass and never go for the kill.Seriously when your autoattack is **** and you have to rely on lousy poison dmg (vastly inferior to twitch's stacking one) how do you expect to get a kill? Any ranged hero can be a good harasser in early game but their offensive power scales alot better than AP teemo's.

Physical teemo can have multiple roles depending on his gear (carry / support / jungle).You can go asp with proc items (malady / wit's / sword) , you can try with heavy dmg/crit items and you could even go for bloodrazor's anti-health builds.He is insanely versatile as physical teemo.

Plus he can still lay off his shrooms pretty well and keep an eye on the map just as AP teemo can(who cares if it's 200~ dmg less on the shrooms?)

P.S Teemo with cleaver = painfull

Ashblade

12-10-2009

as playing against a teemo I find ap teemo REALLY ANNOYING! however; mid and early game he dominates, takes chunks off of my hp..late game I laugh at him (except those **** mushrooms, those are no joke but again just an annouyance)

Physical dmg teemo early game laughable..mid and late game scary. Just my thoughts..

Now if you were to merge the two youd think it would be the best of both worlds..not sure tho- I dont play teemo.

Arthas Menethil

12-10-2009

I always play offensive support Teemo. Malady/Wit's End, Frozen Mallet. Low on damage, but I'm not playing as a solo. You can see my past games played ^^

1234511 ... 19