I just bought Miss Fortune, and am looking for tips.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LADYDlCK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2010

Hi. I just bought Miss Fortune (my first purchased champ other than Tristana, who I got from FB) and I am looking for any possible tips or cautions while playing her. I'm trying to figure things out myself, but I find it's taking me awhile. I've noticed her lack of mana, but don't really understand what "builds" are and my friends keep telling me that I need to "build" her right.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-14-2010

A 'build' involves Runes, Masteries, Summoner Spells, and Items. The first three are all chosen during champion select; rune pages and masteries are set up before entering queue, during champion select you choose a rune page and have the option to redo your masteries. Summoner spells are also chosen during champion select. You should have a basic idea for your 'ideal' item build going into game, but this can change drastically based on how you and your team are doing, and what champions the enemy has (mercury treads reduce crowd control effects on you, and so are a must for most champions against stun/snare/slow heavy teams). For more information about builds for champions look up guides online, but even if you don't, test out which items work best, you'll eventually get a feel for which items fit your play style.

The one thing I know about MF is that she has no escape, so try to keep your passive up when possible, and don't overextend like you can do with Tristana (thanks to her jump allowing her to escape back out of range).

Dandy RM

11-14-2010

spam q and win your lane. then farm like crazy and roll face to victory. and position yourself in the back behind tanks.

Guntar

11-14-2010

i am just going to say this, im very glad to see RIOT taking an interest in helping those new to the game to develop skills with hints well done, Miss Fortune is quite a bundle in the right hands, and hopefully you will get used to the positives she can bring to a team

Burbinator

11-14-2010

disclaimer: i've only played mf when she's free. but here are a few things I've learned from playing against a lot of them

her double shot is EXTREMELY powerful harasser in the laning phase, just learn to position yourself relative to the other champ well.

ALong with "positioning" etc, note that her ult goes through walls and forests etc. You might have to escape early on in a team fight, then position yourself behind trees and ult. Absolutely a game changer.

as for builds: if you don't have mana regen runes, I think manamune works pretty well. Other than that just build damage in general (IE or thirsters or cleaver)

note: mf isn't quite as item reliant as other champs because her ult does fantastic damage even without much of a boost. I'd say, more so than other hard carries, she can afford to buy survivability if you're getting focused (ulting is like just asking to get focused).

just my 2 cents until a real mf pro comes along.

Chingmeister

11-14-2010

If you build a Tiamat after a few Doran's Blades, your opponent will be unable to hide between the two rows of minions or in the back row of minions to avoid Double Up due to the splash. It will also add just that little bit of extra damage needed to go with a maxed Make it Rain to entirely wipe out the back row of minions.

Since they can't hide behind minions due to the bounce and you can just directly shoot them if they are in front of minions, this gives you control of the entire lane against most opponents.

Lord Sturm

11-14-2010

With Miss Fortune you should try as hard as possible to get the solo lane, and no matter what lane you're in your primary focus should be farming. Even though Miss Fortune is a good harasser you should concentrate on last hitting creeps to farm for late game dominance. She can be quite strong in a duo lane though, especially if you're with a good babysitter like Janna, Taric or Sona.

About the mana regeneration problems, Kismet's right on to suggest Manamune, but I feel that she doesn't need it if you have mana regeneration runes, but that's personal preference. Her mana problems become less of a concern by the time late game rolls around,

The people above me summed up what a build is pretty well. Ranged carries like Miss Fortune and Tristana really reach their maximum potential when they've got lots of items, so knowing which items to build is very necessary for your success. With Miss Fortune I typically start with a Doran's Blade and a potion for survivability in lane and more damage on my harass/last hits, then I rush Infinity Edge, get Mercury's Treads and then Last Whisper. If you're good at farming and last hitting and have the solo lane you should be pretty set to destroy your opponents by mid/late game with this build.

Chingmeister

11-14-2010

With a ton of mana regen/lvl glyphs, seals, and quints, MF can force almost anyone out of the lane and then destroy the tower by chain casting Make it Rain on top of opponents. While they are running out of it, you can get free shots off against most opponents.

PunchGroin

11-15-2010

She is a ton of fun to play, she has maybe the strongest solo mid of any hero in the game.

Something that irritates me though, are all the MF players that rank Make it Rain and ignore double up. DU might be the best harassment skill in the game. You can completely shut down your solo lane with it, and farm every single last hit easily. All make it rain is going to do is overpush your lane and leave you open to ganks. Yes, its a great skill, (and can save your butt if used right) but you should NOT use it for farm until the mid game. Trust me, Double Up Harass will make people want to pull their hair out. There is basically no reason for you to miss a single creep kill if you are running your lane right.

ubeenderped

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2010

Theres two different ways to play mf at least in the laning phase. One way is to be a great harasser(leveling double up and impure shots) or a great farmer (make it rain and impure). Since shes so mana hungry early on I suggest never getting both double up and make it rain. It also depends on who you lane against on what you should level. Someone like a vlad for example its better to go farming first since vlad is pretty weak till level 9 or so. Either way constantly harass any champ you fighting and try to just last hit minions. I typically go ad/as theres also the mana spamming version of her which is a little harder to master. All in all the real test of mf is learning positioning.