Surviving Kassadin or Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felix Akasaka

12-09-2009

Just a question. I usually play Katarina or Teemo (works in progress). Recently I've been matched up against a few Kassadin and Evelynn players that destroy me. A bit of it is simply bad team work on my part - running too far without support, or with bad support - but, is there an effective way for these two heroes to run?
Eve pretty much stun locks or does enough damage to win vs death lotus (both characters are fed more or less, even with Katarina has better items) in a drawn out battle.
In the later game, Kassadin can take a full death lotus + slow enough and rift walk to kill Katarina pretty easily I find. I suppose the ghost summoner spell could be used or better teamwork, but for those occasions without the above, what do you do?

With Teemo, it's the same problem except he can't blink away with Shunpo and has lower health. How do you survive with Teemo in general? I've seen some crazy Teemo's that don't die. I barely manage a 1:1 kill/death ratio with him (it gets to 15:15). Does he just need team support?
Note: These matches have been with level 10-13's. Dunno how I got paired with them, but their team work usually isn't good enough to counter a 3-4 person push from the opposition.

Thanks

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

even and kass is fairly easy to fight.
i think your problem is you lack hp purp runes (very powerful, rigged in my opinion)
or a doran's shield.

the high elo teemo start with doran's shield + hp potion. it's a REALLY reliable way to harass without fail.

ripper311

12-09-2009

Eve is my main champion, and I can tell you from exp that Kat, teemo, and morgana are the 3 hardest champions to play against. If you're getting owned by eve playing one of them, either you, or one of your teammates are doing something wrong.

MrScrub

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
even and kass is fairly easy to fight.
i think your problem is you lack hp purp runes (very powerful, rigged in my opinion)
or a doran's shield.

the high elo teemo start with doran's shield + hp potion. it's a REALLY reliable way to harass without fail.
doran's shield = best item to start with for pretty much any hero period, ive come to find.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

the most common starting item is sapphire crystal + 2 health potions. doran's shield + health potion is very common though. especially on mundo and teemo.

v3r175s

12-09-2009

The second eve hits you with her stun you should be calm and the second it wears off, the absolute exact moment, hit her with blind, pop movespeed, back up and rape with your what should be insane dpsing enough to lifesteal hit blind again before she can get to you and you should be fine, it takes practice but once you get the hang of it you should kill her easy. that strat is assuming only that she is stealth and catches you off guard, for kassadin, you just should not have problems, you might be getting scared and running early, with teemo vs. kassadin you need to just stand still and blind and outdps him, if you start to run, he will beat you, teemo cannot sustain dmg, he needs to constantly dag and lifesteal or just outdps before he is killed. sorry for bad writing.

Landa

12-09-2009

Even if you do manage to pull of a good strat against those they are Burst champions. So the best way to counter them is getting some HP and MR. With 2k health and 60-70 MR they wont be able to kill you mid game. They can easily pull of a 800-1k combo and even higher if fed. Try switching to Merc treads and rushing a warmogs (with kat) or a phage (for the extra health).

Rosinja

12-10-2009

Not that I know katarina that much, but maybe subbing zerkers treads for mercury's treads.

40% redux on stun and on a long stun its really helpful. Also reduces magic damage.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

12-10-2009

kassadin is a more durable caster than most. Typically he will never initiate a fight unless you are at like half health, and then he will just riftwalk all over your face while spewing out combos. if you get caught in combat against a kassadin and you are at a health disadvantage, you will die. i would just try to do as much damage to him as possible before you die. why? because it is IMPOSSIBLE to outrun a kassadin. especially kassadins with oracle elixir.

oron

12-10-2009

i'm not gonna pretend to know anything about eve, and i agree with most of what was said about avoiding kass (kass is my main) but another important thing to do before you decide whether to fight or to run is to look at kassadin's mana bar, if he has low mana then he can't keep up with you for very long (although depending on the situation he may not have to. Another thing to watch out for is that if a kassadin has ALOT of mana then he can simply riftwalk in and out of your attack range, RWing in to use nukes and then RWing out while they are on cooldown but still staying close enough to RW in again.

I've personally downed highly geared tanks 1v1 like this because some people seem to think that just because you RW away that they should chase and try to kill you and end up getting re-nuked with a now higher dmg RW, but again if the kass doesn't have much mana then he can't do this so it might be safe to chase.