@riot: how hard should a carry carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthas Menethil

12-09-2009

From experience many heroes can become carries even if they were not intended to become carries. I've seen carry annie (common enough if she rapes face early), carry Zilean (complete with 360 AP), carry Veigar (nearly double that AP), and carry Soraka (YES! I KID YOU NOT!)

Drggg

12-09-2009

The concept of one character killing multiple other characters is not what bothers me. I am not even arguing that any carry is specifically overpowered at this time. I am simply asking Riot ( who once stated they wanted to move away from super carries) what they consider a "good" number of characters a carry should be able to tackle at the peak of their strength (whenever that is)

ConeEtho

12-09-2009

The thing is, if you have a bad early game you will have a bad endgame. So, in this sense, carries are actually underpowered in relation to other types of heroes that outperform them early.

They can be shut down and more often than not the game will end before they each their peak. On the other hand no game will ed before casters reach their peak, as they reach it at the very beginning.

Jaraju

12-09-2009

Riot, pls tone down the carries... especially Yi!

Drggg

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeEtho View Post
The thing is, if you have a bad early game you will have a bad endgame. So, in this sense, carries are actually underpowered in relation to other types of heroes that outperform them early.

They can be shut down and more often than not the game will end before they each their peak. On the other hand no game will ed before casters reach their peak, as they reach it at the very beginning.
This is not necessarily true if your team can hold out to past 30 mins. I find it fairly easy to hold off to the 30 min mark.

Oriz

12-09-2009

and suppose carries get cleanse? This means no cc and leads to death...and this game has no real early mid late game separation, mages can't rape any better than carries or tanks can early game, mid game its all the same and when a carry starts getting dmg the game is pretty much over, this is stupid and reduces the point of playing casters other than trying to cc...ccccleanse -.-

Drggg

12-09-2009

Honestly i enjoy playing both physical and caster DPS (only the rune system is limiting my play style to casters).

My point of view however is more that no character should be phased out at any phase.

The typical argument is that a carry starts out weak and then grows exponentially strong in the long run. Why does this make sense in a team game? Should not all characters have the same growth potential ( i know this is difficult to balance).

this is not a buff casters thread. This is a normalize thread. Nerf early game mages if needed. Nerf end game physical if needed .

If Riot feels that the game SHOULD work like dota in the carry aspect then thats fine to, i was simply confused by previous statements which seem to conflict with what the upper tier players believe to be true.